From: RigPi@groups.io <RigPi@groups.io> On Behalf Of B J
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 8:23 AM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: [RigPi] Mumble/Plumble

Hi I'm running the RigPi connected a Kenwood ts-2000, my problem is with the receive audio as well as transmit audio through the RigPi. Is there a way I can bypass the RigPi audio board and if so what would I need to do it and how.

             Thanks for any help Bill.

               Also I'm using the rj45 connect to the acc2 port on the back of the radio.

B J

The receive audio is distorted and the transmit audio is neal to none.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020, 12:28 Perry Ogletree <afa4nq@...> wrote:

What’s the problem with the audio?

Perry K4PWO

Hi I'm running the RigPi connected a Kenwood ts-2000, my problem is with the receive audio as well as transmit audio through the RigPi. Is there a way I can bypass the RigPi audio board and if so what would I need to do it and how.

             Thanks for any help Bill.

               Also I'm using the rj45 connect to the acc2 port on the back of the radio.

Perry Ogletree

Do the rig’s menu options for audio I/O level make any difference?

Perry K4PWO

Hi I'm running the RigPi connected a Kenwood ts-2000, my problem is with the receive audio as well as transmit audio through the RigPi. Is there a way I can bypass the RigPi audio board and if so what would I need to do it and how.

             Thanks for any help Bill.

               Also I'm using the rj45 connect to the acc2 port on the back of the radio.

B J

No and I have set the mumble and plumble up according to the manual. Now one problem might be too many certificates I'm trying to figure out how to delete them and start fresh with one certificate.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020, 12:43 Perry Ogletree <afa4nq@...> wrote:

Do the rig’s menu options for audio I/O level make any difference?

Perry K4PWO

Hi I'm running the RigPi connected a Kenwood ts-2000, my problem is with the receive audio as well as transmit audio through the RigPi. Is there a way I can bypass the RigPi audio board and if so what would I need to do it and how.

             Thanks for any help Bill.

               Also I'm using the rj45 connect to the acc2 port on the back of the radio.

Don Melcher

I’m running a TS-2000. I’ll grab some screen shots of my varios settings later today. I found it better to use the terminal window and alsamixer the to use the Raspberry Pi GUI audio adjustments. But I have plenty of TX audio and my RX audio is fine.

But here’s a question - something that got me last week. Is the 13 pin plug oriented correctly? The symptoms you describe are similar to what I experienced when I made that mistake.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

B J

Don I appreciate any help you can give me. When I get home from work this afternoon I will check the 13 pin connector to make sure it is in correctly.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020, 9:23 AM Don Melcher <don@...> wrote:

I’m running a TS-2000. I’ll grab some screen shots of my varios settings later today. I found it better to use the terminal window and alsamixer the to use the Raspberry Pi GUI audio adjustments. But I have plenty of TX audio and my RX audio is fine.

But here’s a question - something that got me last week. Is the 13 pin plug oriented correctly? The symptoms you describe are similar to what I experienced when I made that mistake.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

OK. I’m creating a new post on TS-2000 settings
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

B J

Thanks Don, that will be great.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020, 1:59 PM Don Melcher <don@...> wrote:
OK. I’m creating a new post on TS-2000 settings
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

B J

Don thank you for the pictures that really helped me a lot my receive is so much cleaner. Now to try the transmit out.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020, 2:04 PM B J via groups.io <bdjones64=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Don, that will be great.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020, 1:59 PM Don Melcher <don@...> wrote:
OK. I’m creating a new post on TS-2000 settings
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

I’m finding that using a Mumble server results in better audio but of course much higher latency. I’m thinking that maybe running a local server on another device might be better. I’m going to experiment with another Pi running that and WiFi hotspot (if I can get it working) as a “companion” yo the 1234 for stand alone operation.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

B J

Don I set everything up like your settings receive is great no audio going out I am totally stumped.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020, 09:43 Don Melcher <don@...> wrote:
I’m finding that using a Mumble server results in better audio but of course much higher latency. I’m thinking that maybe running a local server on another device might be better. I’m going to experiment with another Pi running that and WiFi hotspot (if I can get it working) as a “companion” yo the 1234 for stand alone operation.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Allen

Don,
Won't you introduce latency through witeless to the second Pi? Sounds like a good idea. It is good to experiment  and challenge things. Success is getting  into trouble and working  your way out.
--
Allen Higgins
KE8KZO

Don Melcher

The increase in latency seems to be negligible. I need to revisit that again to quantify it.  Using CheapMumble it’s running between 50 and 100 msec where local is between 10 an 15. Significant but tolerable in all but competitive contesting. When I was operating a lot remotely, I learned to “lead” sending my call in a contest to overcome the latency.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

B J

Ok here is my current situation with the ts-2000, I have awesome receive audio but now have run into a problem where the only way I can talk with my tablet is I have to litterly be in front of the rig. If I disconnect the Mic from the radio no transmit at all, if I leave the room and go into another room no audio at all.I am at a total loss on what the problem is. I bought the rigpi to remote with but it seems like the only way it work's is remoting right in front of the radio. If any one else has run into this problem please let me know how you fixed it.
Bill N4BDJ

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020, 9:29 AM Don Melcher <don@...> wrote:
The increase in latency seems to be negligible. I need to revisit that again to quantify it.  Using CheapMumble it’s running between 50 and 100 msec where local is between 10 an 15. Significant but tolerable in all but competitive contesting. When I was operating a lot remotely, I learned to “lead” sending my call in a contest to overcome the latency.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

This is the critical setting and sounds like your problem. Without this being correct, TX audio will not go to the radio via the rear jack. When that PTT line is asserted, the audio from the Mic jack is muted. That’s whats telling me you don’t have that set correctly, or if you do, then something is wrong with your cable between the 1234 and 2000. If it was working correctly, you wouldn’t  hear audio with the mic connected and then have it go away when you removed the microphone.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

Forgot the picture
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

B J

Hi Don I do have that set in settings. It's like the Mic on the radio is being active for some reason which is strange because if I disconnect the Mic from the radio no transmit no recieve audio the strangest thing I've seen. I'm almost to the point of by passing the audio board in the rigpi.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020, 9:24 AM Don Melcher <don@...> wrote:
Forgot the picture
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Perry Ogletree

That sounds like you are not muting the front panel mike jack and are still picking up mike audio. If you have the audio from the RigPi going to the ACC2 connector, you have the wrong PTT pin used on that connector. The ACC2 connector has two “PTT” pins, one for a “footswitch” that still uses the mike audio, and one that mutes the mike and passes audio from the ACC2 audio I/O pins. You must use the latter.

As I’ve stated before in this group, you MUST use hardware PTT via the correct ACC2 pin with ACC2 audio I/O. There is no CAT PTT command in the TS-2000 that works with the rear ACC2 connector.  Both CAT PTT commands, “TX0;” and “TX1;”, pass the mike audio, the first for the MAIN band and the second for the SUB band.

Perry K4PWO

[...]

Perry can you explain a bit more about the cable pin, I'm using the mfj cable  made for the radio for audio. I checked the cable connection on the back of the rig and it's inserted correctly. Thanks Bill n4bdj