Topics

Icom 7610


Bruce Stewart
 

Need help setting up the icom 7610 with the mfj1234.  First of all what cable should be used between the radio and the 1234?  Secound is there a step by step setup guide for this radio?  Thanks for all the help.

Bruce


Howard Nurse, W6HN
 


Jim Kravetz - KK5VG
 

Hi Bruce,

I have the IC-7610 on my RigPi as my first radio. It's working great! If you need any help after reading what Howard provided, please email me. I'll be happy to help with what I can.

Jim


Bruce Stewart
 

HI Jim;

Many thanks for the offer to help, I can sure use it.  My main question is what cable are you using to connect the mfj1234 to the Icom 7610, are you using a mfj cable or just a usb cable?  I believe I have everything else setup but I will make sure that the setting are as they should be.

Bruce

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Jim Kravetz - KK5VG
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2020 11:33 PM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Icom 7610

 

Hi Bruce,

I have the IC-7610 on my RigPi as my first radio. It's working great! If you need any help after reading what Howard provided, please email me. I'll be happy to help with what I can.

Jim

 


Jim Kravetz - KK5VG
 

Hi Bruce. 

Are you receiving my emails?

Jim


Bruce Stewart
 

Hi Jim;

Not sure if my first message got through.  Yes I am receiving your emails, however I may have been exposed to the cov19 virus so I have elected at this time to stay away for my friends house.  As of today I may be going over there tomorrow, Sunday will advise.  Back to 1234 when I key my Iphone the light on the 7610 goes red however there is no rf out.  I have checked the mumble settings and I believe all is ok.  I f possible could you send me the setting for mumble and I will again confirm that I have everything set up correctly.

 

Bruce

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Jim Kravetz - KK5VG
Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 10:56 AM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Icom 7610

 

Hi Bruce. 

Are you receiving my emails?

Jim

 


radiorusso
 

Bruce, Try muting and deafening  mumble on the I phone and then unmute  &
Undeafen  mumble . You should  now have audio to the transmitter.   This worked for me and several others. It seems to be specific to Iphones and Ipads    73  Russ W4PGT

On 10/10/2020 9:39 AM, Bruce Stewart wrote:

Hi Jim;

Not sure if my first message got through.  Yes I am receiving your emails, however I may have been exposed to the cov19 virus so I have elected at this time to stay away for my friends house.  As of today I may be going over there tomorrow, Sunday will advise.  Back to 1234 when I key my Iphone the light on the 7610 goes red however there is no rf out.  I have checked the mumble settings and I believe all is ok.  I f possible could you send me the setting for mumble and I will again confirm that I have everything set up correctly.

 

Bruce

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Jim Kravetz - KK5VG
Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 10:56 AM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Icom 7610

 

Hi Bruce. 

Are you receiving my emails?

Jim

 



Jim Kravetz - KK5VG
 

Hi Bruce,

I hope you’re feeling OK. 


Try the muting/deafening on the iPhone as Russ suggested & let us know how it goes. 


Thanks for the info, Russ. Hope this works!

Jim


Bruce Stewart
 

Sorry to ask but where is the mumble on my iPhone or do I have to install it on the iPhone?
Bruce 


On Oct 10, 2020, at 6:25 PM, Jim Kravetz - KK5VG <tourwing@...> wrote:



Hi Bruce,

I hope you’re feeling OK. 


Try the muting/deafening on the iPhone as Russ suggested & let us know how it goes. 


Thanks for the info, Russ. Hope this works!

Jim


Dan Heather
 

Hi Bruce!

You download that from the Apple App Store. 

Good luck. 

73

Dan N1DH

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 3:45 PM Bruce Stewart <rbstewart@...> wrote:
Sorry to ask but where is the mumble on my iPhone or do I have to install it on the iPhone?
Bruce 


On Oct 10, 2020, at 6:25 PM, Jim Kravetz - KK5VG <tourwing@...> wrote:



Hi Bruce,

I hope you’re feeling OK. 


Try the muting/deafening on the iPhone as Russ suggested & let us know how it goes. 


Thanks for the info, Russ. Hope this works!

Jim

--
Dan Heather
Middleboro MA


Bruce Stewart
 

Sorry;
I found mumble in the App Store so I downloaded the program to my iPhone.  Found rigpi however it requires a password.  To my knowledge I have not set a password, am I missing something?
Thanks
Bruce 


On Oct 11, 2020, at 3:45 PM, Bruce Stewart <rbstewart@...> wrote:

Sorry to ask but where is the mumble on my iPhone or do I have to install it on the iPhone?
Bruce 


On Oct 10, 2020, at 6:25 PM, Jim Kravetz - KK5VG <tourwing@...> wrote:



Hi Bruce,

I hope you’re feeling OK. 


Try the muting/deafening on the iPhone as Russ suggested & let us know how it goes. 


Thanks for the info, Russ. Hope this works!

Jim


Dan Heather
 

Hi Again Bruce,

The default Mumble server (Murmur) is "7388" (without the quotes).

The RigPi Help button on the menu is your friend.  I suggest reading all of it.  Many of your questions are answered there.

Check Help/RigPi Help/ Passwords

73

Dan N1DH
Middleboro MA

On 10/11/2020 4:04 PM, Bruce Stewart wrote:
Sorry;
I found mumble in the App Store so I downloaded the program to my iPhone.  Found rigpi however it requires a password.  To my knowledge I have not set a password, am I missing something?
Thanks
Bruce 


On Oct 11, 2020, at 3:45 PM, Bruce Stewart <rbstewart@...> wrote:

 Sorry to ask but where is the mumble on my iPhone or do I have to install it on the iPhone?
Bruce 


On Oct 10, 2020, at 6:25 PM, Jim Kravetz - KK5VG <tourwing@...> wrote:



Hi Bruce,

I hope you’re feeling OK. 


Try the muting/deafening on the iPhone as Russ suggested & let us know how it goes. 


Thanks for the info, Russ. Hope this works!

Jim



WA2RZG (Jack)
 

RigPi  Recent upgrade to RigPi2 image.
HDMI display, mouse, keyboard. Directly connected.
USB cable to Icom IC7610 USB1 port

Other than a couple glitches with the power on/off function, I have the RSS controlling my 7610 as i think it should.

I am having some trouble getting Mumble to work with the 7610. I am able to connect my Ipad(Mumble) and Android phone(Plumble) to the Mumble server. In fact I can pass audio between the two mobile devices. They both show up on the RigPi/Mumble VoIP Server device list along with pi.. 

After following instructions for radio "connectors" set-up, I still can't get radio audio to the pi. I set the Mumble Config so that both Audio Input and Audio Output settings are [Default].

Right clicking on the speaker icon on the pi desktop, brings up two selections....Audio Outputs, and Audio Inputs. For Audio Outputs, I have selected USB Audio CODEC.
The only choice for Audio Inputs is    snd_rpi_proto. It doesn't show me a CODEC option. 

What could I be missing? Do I need to change something in the ALSA mixer settings?

-Jack


Steve_KE4LC
 

Hi Bruce,  you will have to install the free Mumble app on your iPhone.  Go to the App Store application installed on all iPhones.  Tap the hourglass search icon and enter Mumble.  Upon searching, you will see Mumble pop up with a prompt to install it.  Install and you are in business!
See the attached screen snapshot image that shows what the correct Mumble looks like in the App Store.  

It works well.  Howard has some good instructions in the RigPi help sections for setup/use.

73, Steve KE4LC