Topics

IC7300 question

Don Melcher

With the IC7300, using just the USB cable to the radio, is it possible to work digital modes while listening to the RX on mumble, or would I have to run cabling to the RigPi sound card?
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Don,

If you assign the Audio card to Mumble and use the IC-7300 CODEC's for WSJTX/Fldigi, you should be able to listen via Mumble to the receive audio.  You would need one cable from the 7300 audio out to the RigPi Audio RX in.

--Howard

Don Melcher

Got it working on a 7410 I have. (I forgot it had a USB connection because my station runs on the standard legacy CI-V). Works gerat! I used the cable I was using between the Pi 1/8” mini jacks and the 13 pin ACC connector. Works as I desire and no RFI issues.

7300 on order the trailer

Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

I assume that I will need a cable between the key out on the 1234 and the key input on the 7300 for CW?
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Don,

Correct.  (You can also use CAT keying, but the RigPi Keyer has better support.)

--Howard