Topics

sticky Getting Started

Howard Nurse, W6HN

While much of the discussion in the forum has been focused on “How do I connect my...”, in reality most will find the process quite simple.  On first use you are shown an Express User Settings window.  Enter your call in place of ADMIN.  I do not recommend changing the username from ‘admin’ to something else at this point, nor entering a password, those can be set later.

Click the invitation to fill some basic info using the onboard FCC Database.

Click Next, and the Express Radio Settings window opens.  Select the Manufacturer, Model, and com port.

Click Connect Radio, and you are set to go!

I recommend not changing the Username above because RigPi requires you to log in again if the username is changed.  In the future this additional step (which bypasses the Express Radio Settings window, won’t be necessary.

73, Howard W6HN

Garry Decker <K9WHF@...>

Howard:
I want to buy one of your RigPi interfaces today but need some counseling on the applying it. I gather the base radio pretty much has to have an unencumbered USB connection.
I can figure that out. All my Icom radios are set up for WSJT-X and so should be compatible.
I will just have to pull the USB cable from the computer(s) when the RigPi is in use.
Here is the teal question.
Since my IP modem address is already registered to the IC-7610 server, at this time for RS-BA1, will there be a conflict using both systems.
I can feed the RigPi either by Ethernet or WiFi.
Saw your video with Eric (HRC), very nice..
Garry
W9WHF

On May 17, 2019, at 7:20 AM, Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

While much of the discussion in the forum has been focused on “How do I connect my...”, in reality most will find the process quite simple.  On first use you are shown an Express User Settings window.  Enter your call in place of ADMIN.  I do not recommend changing the username from ‘admin’ to something else at this point, nor entering a password, those can be set later.

Click the invitation to fill some basic info using the onboard FCC Database.

Click Next, and the Express Radio Settings window opens.  Select the Manufacturer, Model, and com port.

Click Connect Radio, and you are set to go!

I recommend not changing the Username above because RigPi requires you to log in again if the username is changed.  In the future this additional step (which bypasses the Express Radio Settings window, won’t be necessary.

73, Howard W6HN

Bob <bob.fairbairn@...>

I would highly suggest that one of the first steps be update the RigPi software!
--
73 KE9A