Topics

General Coverage RX

Don Melcher

While the automatic mode function is handy for ham bands, it makes SW listing nearly impossible.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Don,

Tell us a bit more what you would like to see.  By "automatic mode" do you mean operating mode (CW, AM, etc) or band selection.  If you are looking for a way to tune to non-ham band frequencies, the simplest way to do that is through keypad entry or by clicking digits on the frequency panel.  You can also set up macros for favorite listening frequencies.

--Howard

Don Melcher

What’s happening now (maybe it’s the TS2000?) is it defaults to USB above 10 MHz. Even in the 10 MHz CW ONLY band. Put it in CW, change frequency and it switches to USB.

I’m taking a break from putting up shade cloth to save my garden while I’m on vacation. I’ll get back to you on how I think it should be when I take a cool break.

Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

I guess the first option would be to disable it.

I deally, it should know the phone, cw and digital(?) bands - maybe on a region basis.

Or - LSB below 10 MHz, USB above, if in SSB. Otherwise, if you put it in CW, AM or FM, it stays in those modes until you put it back into SSB. Maybe you could eliminate one button that way and just have SSB that toggles Upper and Lower. Same with AM and FM. Screen real estate  Is valuable.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Don,

RigPi does't assign modes when you change frequencies.  Unless you click a Mode button, modes are assigned by the radio.  If you go to. say, 14.025, and set the mode to CW, then tune the radio to 14.030, does the mode change to USB?

--Howard

Don Melcher

As soon as I change frequency. I’ll do a factory reset on the TS2000 so that all the settings are at default.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk