Topics

Downloaded software no boot

John McGrath

So downloaded the software from MFJ followed directions and have burned the iso to 3 different cards 2 different computers used and I get a couple green light flash on the board and nothing. Its a PI4 confirmed to work with other the cards and other various raspians. I also downloaded the zip file 3 times thinking it was download issue as its 4 plus gig but no same out come. Any ideas?

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi John,

The current release, 1.05, is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi 4.  It uses Raspbian Stretch.  RigPi 2, to be released soon with Raspbian Buster, does support the RPi4.

73, Howard W6HN

John McGrath

Oh wow me bad what do you suggest? Ask for return from mfj and wait or will i be able to update?

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020, 9:37 AM Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:
Hi John,

The current release, 1.05, is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi 4.  It uses Raspbian Stretch.  RigPi 2, to be released soon with Raspbian Buster, does support the RPi4.

Hi John,

There will be a free upgrade path for recent purchasers, but the details are in flux.  If you don't have a Raspberry Pi 3 I suggest you contact MFJ to ask for their advice.

--Howard

John McGrath

Already dropped them an email no dont hv a 2 or 3. Thanks.

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020, 10:29 AM Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:
Hi John,

There will be a free upgrade path for recent purchasers, but the details are in flux.  If you don't have a Raspberry Pi 3 I suggest you contact MFJ to ask for their advice.

--Howard

Perry Ogletree

You can still purchase RPi 3B+ models from most sources.
Microcenter stores had they for under $30 if you have a location near you.

Perry K4PWO

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10+.