Topics

Connection cable help #ic-7100 #ftdx5000

hazzle

Hi all

I have been unable to find out which cables I need to connect to my Yaesu FTDX 5000 and Icom IC 7100.

I have asked dealers in the UK to tell me but no one has replied.

Can anyone please help.

I am disabled and now cannot use my hands so need to look for any way to get back on the air.

Thanks Dave G4WBB

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Dave,

I believe the IC-7100 has built-in audio CODECs so only a USB control cable is required.  The FTdx-5000 can use the optional SCU-17 interface provided by Yaesu, or you can use the RigPi Audio board.  Many users opt for the SCU-17 to cut down on the number of required cables.

The RigPi Audio board can use standard 3.5mm connectors, you don't need to use the RJ45 connector for audio in/out.

73, Howard W6HN