Topics

Commcat Mobile and RigPi

Don Melcher

Is Commcat Mobile able to control ANY radio being controlled by RigPi or just specific radios like K3 or TS2000?

Screen shots of both of the settings screens would be very helpful.

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Don,

CommCat Mobile uses the Kenwood protocol to talk to RigPi.  RigPi controls any radio supported by Hamlib.  Once RigPi receives a command from CommCat Mobile it converts it to the appropriate Hamlib command.  So CommCat Mobile will control any radio supported by Hamlib.

--Howard

Don Melcher

Could you provide a screenshot of the CCM settings and any that are relevant in the 1234, please?

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Don,

See the screenshot of CommCat Mobile settings.  There are no changes in RigPi.  Connect RigPi to your radio, set up CommCat Mobile and enjoy.

--Howard

Fernando .

hey Howard, do you still need a mumble client for getting RX/TX voice on the phone using CommCat Mobile or does it handle it all?

thanks

fer

Howard Nurse, W6HN

CommCat Mobile has internal VoIP for CommCat or QSXer, but not for RigPi.  You still need to use Mumble.

--Howard

Don Melcher

OK. That will help.

Can you confirm that the PTT output is ALWAYS active under ANY PTT command?

It always amazes me how I can start from a goid working state, think “I can make it better!” and be backwards by the end of the day.

I had my TS2000 working great. But it really bugged me to not be able to listen to the RX audio using digital modes. Just too much information about what’s going on is lost. So I decided to add a USB sound card and it went downhill from there...

Don Melcher

Specifically is the keyer PTT line active under control from FLRig?

Hi Don,

Flrig is not able to control a radio using Hamlib or control PTT using a GPIO pin on the Raspberry Pi.

However, Fldigi has both those capabilities.  If your question is really about Fldigi, to control the RigPi CW PTT line, go to Configure>Rig Control>GPIO and put checks in BCM 17 and Value.  Fldigi will now control the RigPi PTT line (as you can see by the RigPi PTT light).

In Fldigi you can also use the Hamlib interface for rig control and select CAT PTT.  Hamlib CAT PTT will control the RigPi CW PTT line if you have your radio being controlled by RigPi and have Fldigi Hamlib set to Hamlib NET rigctl (Stable).

In an earlier message you said you wanted to hear receive audio when using digital modes.  When RigPi is using the audio chain for digital modes, it can't share that chain for rx audio.  You have to turn off Mumble to avoid a conflict.

--Howard
.

Don Melcher

OK.

I’m adding a second sound card so that Mumble can run with FLDigi, etc.

So, using my TS2000, I would like to have one audio stream into the 13 pin ACC 2 jack and key pin 9 the radio there so it passes TX audio present at pin 11 and mutes the mic jack audio.

The other audio stream goes I/O the normal front panel jacks. It seems that would probably be the best connection for Mumble, but if the RigPi PTT line is always active then that won’t work