Topics

Changing port number in RSS?

Jan Blomquist / SM5SUH

Now when I start up the RSS V 2, I was thinking to change IP port number so I can run bort V 1.05 and V 2.0 at the same time from two different Raspberrys.

No problem to change ports for VNC and Mumble but I can’t find any settings under system in RSS for ports, external and internal.

I would like to change the external port from 7488 to something else and I guess I can have the internal on 80 because the port number I use instead of 7488 will point to the IP-address for the V 2 RigPi.

Is it possible for me as a non-Linux/Rasbian expert change this port?

Jan / SM5SUH

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Jan,

The easiest way to run two RigPi's is by using port translation in your router.  RigPi 1 can be forwarded from port 7488 through to the IP for that RigPi on port 80.  RigPi 2 can be forwarded from 7489 through to the IP for the second RigPi on port 80.  This assumes your router supports port translation (which it appears to).

--Howard

Jan Blomquist / SM5SUH

Yees I have port forwarding for Mumble and VNC to new ports. But I cant find where to change the port in RSS to 7489 from 7488 or does it listen to both ports?

Jan

Howard Nurse, W6HN

If I'm understanding your question correctly, there is no need to change anything on RigPi.  RigPi listens on port 80.  You can run RigPi 1 and RigPi 2 on a LAN by using rigpi.local and rigpi2.local.  When connecting from the outside, you can use ports 7488 and 7499 which are forwarded to port 80 for each RigPi.

There are ways to change the listening port from port 80 to something else, but I don't see why that would be necessary to do what you want.

--Howard

Glenn VE9GJ

Hi Jan
NP to run 2 rigpi at once. You should not have to change any ports on the rigpi. Each rigpi will have it own unique IP address which will be assigned by your router. You just point your browser to the IP for the pi you want. For WAN access you will need to pick alternate ports for the second rigpi. For example external port 80 foward to rigpi1IP port 80 and external port 81 to rigpi2 port 80.
Hope that helps
73
Glenn VE9GJ

On October 9, 2020 2:55:20 AM ADT, Jan Blomquist / SM5SUH <handla@...> wrote:

Now when I start up the RSS V 2, I was thinking to change IP port number so I can run bort V 1.05 and V 2.0 at the same time from two different Raspberrys.

No problem to change ports for VNC and Mumble but I can’t find any settings under system in RSS for ports, external and internal.

I would like to change the external port from 7488 to something else and I guess I can have the internal on 80 because the port number I use instead of 7488 will point to the IP-address for the V 2 RigPi.

Is it possible for me as a non-Linux/Rasbian expert change this port?

Jan / SM5SUH

Jan Blomquist / SM5SUH

Sorry folks. My head was stuck in the internal ports that I have to change for Mumble and VNC :-)

Everything works fine now when I use 7489 forward to 80 to the static IP of Pi 2 and 7488 forward to static IP of Pi 1. Both Pi 1 and Pi 2 is accessible from outside my own net so I can use the remote setup for remote as it should, not only to play with in my shack.

So, If I want, me and my friends can now use the Pi 1 with V 1.05 for VHF from one shack or Pi 2 with V 2.0 for HF from another shack in my house. When I have the V 1.05 just sitting around, why not use it?

Thanks for putting me in the right direction.

Jan / SM5SUH