Kenwood TS-570D cable pinout

Arvis Soldāns

Hi!
I am planning connect to my Kenwood TS-570D via back ACC port. So maybe someone was make cable 13 Din to RJ45? I'm interested in this cable pinout to make it. And maybe someone has experience via this connection? Everything works fine?
--
73!
--

Mark Weisheimer - K8MHW

I've never made that cable though I have researched it.
The SignalinkUSB cables and jumper blocks are the same as MFJ except that the RJ45 pin numbering is reversed.
You don't need to worry about that if you use an Ethernet cable with the EIA-468B wiring color standard that the vast majority of Ethernet cables use.

Using an Ethernet cable and the above diagram
Pin 8 is the White/Orange wire (mostly white with an orange stripe)
Pin 7 is the Orange wire
Pin 6 is the White/Green wire
Pin 5 is the Blue wire
Pin 4 is the White/Blue wire
Pin 3 is the Green wire
Pin 2 is the White/Brown wire
Pin 1 is the Brown wire

Then you need to make up jumpers for the jumper board within the RigPi
That is the smallest board at the top, held down with 2 screws inside the case.

73 - Mark - K8MHW

Arvis Soldāns

Thx, but are you sure that ethernet cable numbering is not upside down?

otrd., 2021. g. 13. jūl., plkst. 19:17 — lietotājs Mark Weisheimer - k8mhw (<mweisheimer@...>) rakstīja:

[...]

---------------------------------
Arvis Soldāns

Mark Weisheimer - K8MHW

As I stated in the original post, MFJ and Signalink numbers are the reverse of each other.
I am certain that the colors match the function because I have a Signalink cable and have verified it with an ohm meter.
With that, you can ignore numbers and just use the colors.
The other thing about MFJ and Signalink, the jumper blocks are reversed 180 degrees but it does not matter for this jumper as it would be the same either way around.
If you are saying that Ethernet standard numbering does not agree, I would agree, but numbering is semantic if you follow the color guide..
--
________________
73 - Mark - K8MHW

Arvis Soldāns

Thx for advices.. i just cannot understood where is problem.... i make wire with this pinout, but it don't work... no audio output, and when I put jumper in 8 position and ground rig start transmitting....

piektd., 2021. g. 23. jūl., plkst. 14:32 — lietotājs Mark Weisheimer - k8mhw (<mweisheimer@...>) rakstīja:

As I stated in the original post, MFJ and Signalink numbers are the reverse of each other.
I am certain that the colors match the function because I have a Signalink cable and have verified it with an ohm meter.
With that, you can ignore numbers and just use the colors.
The other thing about MFJ and Signalink, the jumper blocks are reversed 180 degrees but it does not matter for this jumper as it would be the same either way around.
If you are saying that Ethernet standard numbering does not agree, I would agree, but numbering is semantic if you follow the color guide..
--
________________
73 - Mark - K8MHW

--

---------------------------------
Arvis Soldāns

Mark Weisheimer - K8MHW

Let me check the cable again, I'll do that once my work day is over.
--
________________
73 - Mark - K8MHW

Mark Weisheimer - K8MHW

I have plugged the Signalink USB SLCAB13K into the RigPi and tested the continuity from the audio board inside the Rigpi to the pins on the DIN13 connector.
They are correct here. I tested with 2 different cables.
I have a TS-590s here that I can test it on, but first I need to find it and put it on the operating desk.
Perhaps tomorrow.
I do not possess the MFJ version of this cable, but others on this forum have used the Signalink cable on their radios.

--
________________
73 - Mark - K8MHW

Mark Weisheimer - K8MHW

I've gotten the TS-590s up on the bench and connected to the RigPi with the DIN13 cable and a serial cable.
I normally use a single USB cable to connect this radio, but for this test I have set it up the same as a TS-570
It works exactly as I expect it would, and keys only when I tap the PTT button on the RigPi tuner screen.
The audio for TX and RX work as expected too.
Do you know of a local ham who has a SignalinkUSB with a DIN13 cable that you could try?
The pinout for the DIN13 below is when you are facing the TS-570 ACC2 connector.
_

The RJ-45 numbers are as shown in this Signalink cable image.

Let us know what you find.

73 - Mark - K8MHW

Arvis Soldāns

OK then there may be problems in rig or RIGPI configurations...... What configuration setup do you use?

sestd., 2021. g. 24. jūl., plkst. 05:07 — lietotājs Mark Weisheimer - k8mhw (<mweisheimer@...>) rakstīja:

I've gotten the TS-590s up on the bench and connected to the RigPi with the DIN13 cable and a serial cable.
I normally use a single USB cable to connect this radio, but for this test I have set it up the same as a TS-570
It works exactly as I expect it would, and keys only when I tap the PTT button on the RigPi tuner screen.
The audio for TX and RX work as expected too.
Do you know of a local ham who has a SignalinkUSB with a DIN13 cable that you could try?
The pinout for the DIN13 below is when you are facing the TS-570 ACC2 connector.
_

The RJ-45 numbers are as shown in this Signalink cable image.

Let us know what you find.

73 - Mark - K8MHW

--

---------------------------------
Arvis Soldāns

Mark Weisheimer - K8MHW

If your radio goes into transmit as soon as you connect the ACC2 cable, it is more likely that the cable is the issue.
The settings that I have used in RigPi V2 are below.
CAT PTT is set to none as the Hardware PTT will be used via the ACC2 cable.

--
________________
73 - Mark - K8MHW

Arvis Soldāns

Thx. I found a problem :) This pinout was for a rig data socket, but I (I don't know why) think that pinout is for connector.... (facepalm)
Now I have another problem... all look that work except when i transmit via wsjt-x look that no one cannot receive my data. I see incoming connections, I even start transmit (rig start transmit), but without any results. I try WSPRnet.. and nothing.... It looks like the problem is in the soundcard output (I tried to change sound card options in wsjt settings, but without success, PulseAudio even showed that there is some audio level at output...... What can be the problem?

sestd., 2021. g. 24. jūl., plkst. 14:27 — lietotājs Mark Weisheimer - k8mhw (<mweisheimer@...>) rakstīja:

If your radio goes into transmit as soon as you connect the ACC2 cable, it is more likely that the cable is the issue.
The settings that I have used in RigPi V2 are below.
CAT PTT is set to none as the Hardware PTT will be used via the ACC2 cable.

--
________________
73 - Mark - K8MHW

--

---------------------------------
Arvis Soldāns

Mark Weisheimer - K8MHW

You can verify sound output by plugging an earbud into the TX OUT connector on the RigPi.
If you hear audio when transmitting, then the issue could be a setting in the radio itself.
I am not familiar with the TS-570D but I do know that the TS-590s had a setting for input level at ACC2
If there is no audio in the earbud on TX, then check if reversing Left Right channels might work, such as in this case:
https://groups.io/g/RigPi/message/8479
Remember to unplug the earbud when you are done testing, as plugging into either the RX IN or TX OUT jack interrupts the audio flow to the RJ45 cable that you are using.
--
73 - Mark - K8MHW