N1MM and Remote RigPi #remote

Kevin Utzy

I am in the home stretch with putting my RigPi at my remotes station.  One big reason I wanted the RigPi is to use N1MM CW keying from home.  Currently I always have to go up  to my station.

Where I am getting confused is with the terms "Normal", "Radio Keyer", and "Remote Keyer".  But to me it means in order: the RigPi Keyer, the Keyer Built into the radio" and an external keyer.

I have RigPi Hub installed on my home computer that N1MM resides on.  That is pretty straight forward.  I thought I could just use RigPi's keyer to do this.  But I get lost with if I need to use a jumpers or not, the RSS Settings (I notice that a port setting is only on remote).  As a side note I do have a regular WinKeyer USB that I use on a regular basis with N1MM, but couldn't I use the one that came with RigPi?  I don't want to use any key, straight or paddle, just the N1MM macros.

Not interested in using morse keyer use either, just want to use N1MM at home with the RigPi at a remote location.

If this is documented clearly somewhere I miss I am sorry.  I have RSS V2 and RigPI Hub V 1.0.7.

--
73,
Kevin

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Kevin,

Perhaps you have figured it out by now, but you have everything you need.

1. Normal uses the RigPi Keyer at the radio with the ability for remote CW keying using macros or the CW Keyer window.
2. Radio Keyer is the selection to use at home when you will be using Remote CW keying (say from N1MM).,
3. Remote Keyer is the selection for a second RigPi at the remote end (not required in your case).

Please see RigPi Hub and RigPi 2 Help for details.

—Howard

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 03:10 PM, Kevin Utzy wrote:
[...]

Howard,

Oh I should have replied, how rude of me.  YES!  I have N1MM working with it.  The jumpers were the trick.  Fortunately was able to get a club member to do the soldering.  That pin soldering is tight – the pictures don’t really do it justice.

I had a busy week but I am hoping to get it on the air this weekend after a few more tweaks.

Thank you for following it up!

73,
Kevin
KX4KU