Usb radoo's #ic-7300 #ic-7100

Garry Foster

I have a 7100 and a 7300. Wanting to get a Rig pi. It seems by what I am reading I wouldn't need the audio card with either of these radios. Is this correct? It seems as if I would use the usb interface.

Also vis cat or usb can I handle cw or do I need the keyer board?
Thanks on any insight into this.

W8GMF Garry

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Garry,

Any radio that provides audio through the USB CAT cable (via internal CODECs) does not require the audio board.

RigPi supports CW via CAT, although using a Keyer board is more versatile.  Remote CW requires a Keyer board.

—Howard