MFJ 1234 connect network #ic-7300 #vnc #commands

Lucas Yohanes

Hello,

First about connect local server to mumble I cannot get it work!
Can somebody tell me the correct steps or maybe really help me over remote pc?
I only weekend at radio and other days 60 km away so I want use my radio over the internet.
but this settings so hard!

second is I of VNC server now I cannot any connect to MFJ1234 by windows :-(!!!!
Is possible for run server again when i connect a HDMI cable and activate there again VCN connect?
I spend already hours at this small Rigpi what very expensive for me is but cannot come any farder!

please somebody can help me correct answer.

Best regards Lucas.

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Lucas,

1. Please give us more information.  Do you see any error messages when you try to log in to the Mumble server?

2. VNC Server is started when the Raspberry Pi boots.  You can reboot RigPi using the SETTINGS>System window in RigPi, or by connecting a monitor/mouse/keyboard as you suggested and using the reboot option in the Raspberry Pi menu.

—Howard

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 07:05 AM, <lucas_yohanes1974@...> wrote:

Hello,

First about connect local server to mumble I cannot get it work!
Can somebody tell me the correct steps or maybe really help me over remote pc?
I only weekend at radio and other days 60 km away so I want use my radio over the internet.
but this settings so hard!

second is I of VNC server now I cannot any connect to MFJ1234 by windows :-(!!!!
Is possible for run server again when i connect a HDMI cable and activate there again VCN connect?
I spend already hours at this small Rigpi what very expensive for me is but cannot come any farder!

please somebody can help me correct answer.

Best regards Lucas.

Lucas Yohanes

Hello Howard,

I seen a video about you for the Mumble.

Right now I connect the radio over the internet also VNC server.

It only the Mumble server it need setup.

I have the latest rigpi order before MFJ 1234

Mumble server is already install only I can't connect the correct network.

I known also must open port etc router.

it is all very complicated for setup the mumble server.

Also there are 2 cable for the MFJ 1234 USB and CAT.
I order also the CAT cable but it likes not need setup this.
As USB cable I guess enough.

How I can setup this Mumble server for use over internet siimpl?

I stay in Thailand maybe somebody ca help me by remote pc.

Best regards Lucas.

Hi Lucas,

Can you tell us the make and model of your router so I can give you specific help?

Is Mumble working on your local network?  What radio are you using?  (Edit: I see you are using an iC-7300 from the tag.)

--Howard

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 05:05 PM, Lucas Yohanes wrote:
Hello Howard,

I seen a video about you for the Mumble.

Right now I connect the radio over the internet also VNC server.

It only the Mumble server it need setup.

I have the latest rigpi order before MFJ 1234

Mumble server is already install only I can't connect the correct network.

I known also must open port etc router.

it is all very complicated for setup the mumble server.

Also there are 2 cable for the MFJ 1234 USB and CAT.
I order also the CAT cable but it likes not need setup this.
As USB cable I guess enough.

How I can setup this Mumble server for use over internet siimpl?

I stay in Thailand maybe somebody ca help me by remote pc.

Best regards Lucas.

Lucas Yohanes

Hello Howard,

For the router not easy guess for you.

AIS Fiber Mesh Wi-Fi Router

Inline image

This one from the AIS home cable internet.

I known where put the port forwarding settings.

Mumble can startup at raspberry I look the video at YouTube

But I not known how make settings about Ip address and connect a server for use as mention.

If I look for IP address I cannot see any remote address for connect.
Can you tell me for Mumble server is only USB cable required yes?

Can tell again steps for connect this Mumble ....

I use Icom 7300 by the way when connect TIME not same as radio.

Ok Thx for replay I wait again.

Best regards Lucas.

Lucas Yohanes

Edited

Hello ,

Lanip is now 192.168.1.5 and wan op xx.xx.xx.xx port 30001 must be. That filling for mumble?

Dick Morse

Hello..

Mumble port is 64738 unless you have changed it.

Also you might not wish to tell everyone what your router wan IP is for security reasons.

Good luck

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021, 4:57 AM Lucas Yohanes via groups.io <lucas_yohanes1974=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello ,

Lanip is now 192.168.1.5 and wan op 1.46.231.67 port 30001 must be. That filling for mumble?

Lucas Yohanes

Hello,

Can you tell me how to setting up this Mumble server correct???
It is much work to do correct way.

settings and also use by internet.

If I follow the steps video at YouTube I not have any hotspot address found.

Tell me more info pls.

Best regards Lucas.

Lucas Yohanes

Hello,

So far I can connect wifi the mumble server but how use it over the internet?
I try ip address Pi and also Lan and open ports

could not open a connection to the host

Pls explain more!

Steve_KE4LC

Hi Lucas,

1.) have you opened Mumble’s port address on your router (port forewarning)?  You should open your router external port 64738 and tie that port to your RigPi’s IP address.  Save the changes.

2.) when you look at devices attached to your home router, do you see the RigPi listed?  I assume if you can connect to RigPi locally on your home network that it is listed, but want to confirm.

3.) When connecting from the external internet, you will need to call the WAN (external IP address) of your RigPi.  You can find the WAN address on RigPi software.  Go to Settings, then System.

73, Steve KE4LC