Images/screenshot resolution

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi all,

One of the settings in groups causes images to be compressed to save data in emails.  This was set to 320x320 here in the RigPi group, I have increased it to 1024x1024 to help improve the resolution.  This change does not affect images already sent, only new ones.

Note you can also add attachments for larger images using the "paper clip" icon.  This option does not reduce the resolution.

Here is an example 400x600 image.

--Howard

hazzle <hazzle1@...>

Hi Howard,
I have seen the image you posted and would like to know why my display doesn't look the same.
I am using RigPi 2 on a Raspberry pi 4 2g and it is connected to an Icom IC 7300. It looks similar to the RigPi 1 except the bands are listed down the side of the macro buttons and not above them. I am using an android tablet and an android smartphone.
Is it because I am using android and not windows?
Regards
Dave G4WBB

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021, 23:50 Howard Nurse, W6HN, <hlnurse@...> wrote:
Hi all,

One of the settings in groups causes images to be compressed to save data in emails.  This was set to 320x320 here in the RigPi group, I have increased it to 1024x1024 to help improve the resolution.  This change does not affect images already sent, only new ones.

Note you can also add attachments for larger images using the "paper clip" icon.  This option does not reduce the resolution.

Here is an example 400x600 image.

Hi Dave,

The description of your screen layout is correct for RigPi 2.  The layout depends on the screen size, so a smartphone showing RigPi will look different from a tablet.  Here are some differences that will affect what you see:

1. RigPi 2 supports a video display from a webcam so you can watch your radio.  The screen shot I sent has this option enabled.  See RigPi Help for details.

2. The button layout is different from version 1.05.  Rather than having all the buttons stacked for narrow screens (1.05), scroll right (swipe left) to see the additional macro buttons (2.0).

Your tablet layout may be closer to the Windows browser screenshot I sent if you put your tablet in the landscape position.

—Howard

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 06:15 AM, hazzle wrote:
[...]

Dick Morse

Hi Howard..
Hope I'm not hijacking the thread..

Can the refresh rate for the webcam be set to more than 2 frames/sec at the expense of increased bandwidth requirements?

Tnx

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021, 10:08 AM Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Howard, the camera option will be very helpful as I am unable to my hands. I would like to thank everyone for all the help I received. I am now back on the air every day and still learning what it will do. Slowly looking at writing macros and the camera will enable me to see what I changed.
Best 73's to everyone
Dave G4WBB

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021, 18:08 Howard Nurse, W6HN, <hlnurse@...> wrote:
[...]

With reference to the display issue I mentioned, I forgot to ask about displaying the memory numbers seen under the displayed frequency. Are they dependant on the resolution as well because I don't see them.
73's Dave G4WBB