Topics

Any USB device driver problems with RigPi2, RPi4, and Yaesu FTDX 3000? #ftdx3000 #yaesu #cat

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

I'm having intermittent connection success with my Raspberry Pi 4 (8 GB), RigPi 2, and Yaesu FTDX 3000.

I've tried changing USB cables, and that did not help.

When I first installed the new RigPi2 image downloaded from MFJ, I was able to set up my FT DX 3000 just

fine. It was working. Push to talk worked for SSB.

Now, the Raspberry Pi is NOT seeing the radio. I verified that the port is still good. It

loads a thumb drive just fine. I think I might have changed something on the advanced radio page, but I

can't see what it was yet, if I did. It's looking like a device driver problem to me so far. Is anyone else running

into problems like this?

Chris

If I can't figure it out, I'm going to transplant it into my MFJ RigPi RP3 box, and see if that works any better.

Chris

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

Oh, another change I did was I updated Hamlib, according to the instructions in 6.2:

6.2 Installing the latest Hamlib
The Hamlib control library is constantly updated by the maintenance team. Hamlib must
be updated in RigPi manually using these steps:

Chris

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

I very much like the changes made for RigPi2.

Chris

radiorusso

 Chris  I had the  USB  port on my FT 3000  die last February  while working with RIGpi   Yaesu replaced the board under warranty even though I had the radio 15 months.   Bought a USB Isolator  to protect the  USB Port  and that worked fine until I moved up to VER 2 with a pi 4  the the isolator made the mumble client disconnect  at random Had   to remove the isolator . Funny thing it wasnt a problem on the pi 3B+ with version 2   73  Russ W4PGT

  On 11/1/2020 1:59 PM, Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE wrote:

I'm having intermittent connection success with my Raspberry Pi 4 (8 GB), RigPi 2, and Yaesu FTDX 3000.

I've tried changing USB cables, and that did not help.

When I first installed the new RigPi2 image downloaded from MFJ, I was able to set up my FT DX 3000 just

fine. It was working. Push to talk worked for SSB.

Now, the Raspberry Pi is NOT seeing the radio. I verified that the port is still good. It

loads a thumb drive just fine. I think I might have changed something on the advanced radio page, but I

can't see what it was yet, if I did. It's looking like a device driver problem to me so far. Is anyone else running

into problems like this?

Chris

If I can't figure it out, I'm going to transplant it into my MFJ RigPi RP3 box, and see if that works any better.

Chris

Chris did you get the cat problem

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

I connected the Yaesu FTDX 3000 to the RP3 based MFJ-1234 RigPi, and the RigPi1 software saw the radio immediately, and successfully connected to it.

I'm guessing that my updating of HamLib somehow hosed the image. Guess I'll burn a new one and set it up again.

Chris Shaker, KJ7BLE

Glenn VE9GJ

Hi Russ
Did you have the isolater plugged into a black or blue USB port on the pi4? I use isolators on my pi4 but always use thw black ports. The blue are USB3 and the isolaters are ususally USB2 at best case.

73
Glenn VE9GJ

On November 1, 2020 4:35:07 PM AST, radiorusso <rshummel1@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi Chris
Looks like your radio is fine, good news

You mentioned you upgraded hamlib, did the problems start after that? Try the Test radio button and when it fails copy the rigctl info and try it in a terminal.
73
Glenn VE9GJ

On November 1, 2020 10:28:11 PM AST, "Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE" <cjshaker@...> wrote:

I connected the Yaesu FTDX 3000 to the RP3 based MFJ-1234 RigPi, and the RigPi1 software saw the radio immediately, and successfully connected to it.

I'm guessing that my updating of HamLib somehow hosed the image. Guess I'll burn a new one and set it up again.

Chris Shaker, KJ7BLE

radiorusso

 Hi glen
YES it does the same thing with the usb 2  ports. . It disconnects mumble I think when there is a noise burst.
What bran isolator do you use ?
Tnx  Russ W4PGT

On 11/2/2020 12:31 PM, Glenn VE9GJ wrote:
[...]

I will check the details when I get home. Was either enay or amazon.
Glenn VE9GJ

On November 2, 2020 2:20:17 PM AST, radiorusso <rshummel1@...> wrote:
[...]

I was wrong it was Banggood
https://tinyurl.com/y4jjt43q
73
Glenn VE9GJ

On 2020-11-02 4:20 p.m., Glenn VE9GJ wrote:
I will check the details when I get home. Was either enay or amazon.
Glenn VE9GJ

Perry Ogletree

Pi-Hole blacklisted site...

Perry K4PWO

On 2020-11-02 4:20 p.m., Glenn VE9GJ wrote:
I will check the details when I get home. Was either enay or amazon.
Glenn VE9GJ

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

Yes, I think it started after I updated Hamlib. I've re-flashed the image for that RigPi, and am leaving Hamlib alone.

Chris