Topics

Very basic question about the RigPi web client #audio

Lester Hightower

I have been assisting with setting up a RigPi with an IC-7300 transceiver. We found great instructions (thanks guys) for doing that and in my heart I believe we've done everything correctly. And yet, we don't get audio in the web client (everything else seems to work). A bit ago, it occurred to me that perhaps the web client is designed only for tuning, macros, and logging, and not for audio. If that is true, then we're expecting a result that it's not even designed for... I can't find any documentation to clarify one way or the other, and so I am sheepishly here to ask what feels like a dumb question, and so thanks in advance for patience with a novice.

Does the RigPi web interface also pass audio through the web browser, [Y/N]?

Thanks,

Lester

Dan Heather

Hi Lester,

The answer is NO.  You must use a Mumble client (if PC/Mac or iPhone) and Plumble if using an Android phone.

Download from Apple store or Play Store if android.

73

-------------------------------
Dan Heather, N1DH
Oak Point
Middleboro, MA

On Jul 22, 2020, at 6:39 PM, Lester Hightower <lester.hightower@...> wrote:

I have been assisting with setting up a RigPi with an IC-7300 transceiver. We found great instructions (thanks guys) for doing that and in my heart I believe we've done everything correctly. And yet, we don't get audio in the web client (everything else seems to work). A bit ago, it occurred to me that perhaps the web client is designed only for tuning, macros, and logging, and not for audio. If that is true, then we're expecting a result that it's not even designed for... I can't find any documentation to clarify one way or the other, and so I am sheepishly here to ask what feels like a dumb question, and so thanks in advance for patience with a novice.

Does the RigPi web interface also pass audio through the web browser, [Y/N]?

Thanks,

Lester

Lester Hightower

Thank you, Dan.