Topics

sticky RigPi Image available for download from MFJ

Garry Chessen

Ok. Thank you.

On Jun 16, 2020, at 3:52 PM, Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

Hi Garry,

Normally one would expect a grace period when a new major update becomes available.  A decision for RigPi 2 has not been made.

Hi Garry,

Normally one would expect a grace period when a new major update becomes available.  A decision for RigPi 2 has not been made.

--Howard

Garry Chessen

Howard, for those of us who purchased the MFJ1234 this year, are we going to have to pay for the version 2 image or will that be free? I received mine about the 7th of Jan.

Kelehigh@...

How do I get a FREE download for a RIGPI SD card w/ a corrupted image?

Kevin

On 2020-06-14 23:47, zl2ba@xtra.co.nz wrote:
Hi Howard
Re the SD card that comes preprogrammed with the MFJ1234 with Audio
Board and CW board, can I copy the SD card and use in another
Raspberry pi for another radio using another account or do I need to
buy another card/ Download image.
thanks David ZL2BA
Links:
------
[1] https://groups.io/g/RigPi/message/6118
[2] https://groups.io/mt/74848848/3544613
[3] https://groups.io/g/RigPi/post
[4] https://groups.io/g/RigPi/editsub/3544613
[5] https://groups.io/g/RigPi/leave/defanged

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi David,

So long as you are using additional images for your own personal use, I don’t see a problem. No need to purchase additional cards/images.  Thanks for asking!

Note you can use multiple accounts in one RigPi.

73, Howard W6HN

zl2ba@...

Hi Howard
Re the SD card that comes preprogrammed with the MFJ1234 with Audio Board and CW board,  can I copy the SD card and use in another Raspberry pi for another radio using another account or do I need to buy another card/ Download image.

thanks David ZL2BA

gpabon757

Hi Howard,

Could you post the release notes for 1.05?

Thanks,

George

Karl Heinz Kremer

Thanks Howard. I guess I’ll wait until next week ;)

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Thanks, Karl.  We'll post information about that next week.  I agree that we need to have a way to handle recent purchases.

--Howard

Karl Heinz Kremer

Usually when you buy software after the new release was announced, you get the upgrade for free. Does this apply here as well? Meaning, when I pay for the download of version 1.05 today, will there be a free upgrade to v2?

Thanks,

Karl Heinz - K5KHK

RigPi, version 1.05 (the current production version), is now available for download from the MFJ web site.  The price for the download is $29.95.  This is the same software contained on the RigPi microSD card.  If you already have a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and don't need the Keyer or Audio boards, the download is a perfect way to get started with RigPi.

The RigPi image is a large file, nearly 5GB in size.  If you have a slow Internet connection, the microSD card may be a better way to go.  The RigPi microSD card is available from MFJ for $49.95.

Instructions for installing the RigPi image are contained in the download.  Download the zipped file and unzip on a PC.  You will see pdf and html versions of installation help.  The Download Help file is also available in the File section:

This image will NOT run on a Raspberry Pi 4 or later computer.  It uses the Raspbian Stretch operating system which is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi 4.  RigPI 2 will be released soon that uses the Buster operating system which will run on a Raspberry Pi 4.  RigPi 2 will also be available for download from MFJ.  Once RigPi 2 is launched my plan is to provide the RigPi software on Github.  A full image will not be available, only the RigPi server will be on Github.

73, Howard W6HN