Icom IC-7100 and IC-7300 on same rig pi? #ic-7300 #icom #ic-7100 #multiple

John C Sauer

I have two Icom radios. I would like to connect both to the same rigpi if possible.
The 7300 has a Timewave Navigator modem/sound card/keyed for its communications.  The 7100 has a DigiMaster Pro 3 modem/sound card / keyed.

Because the sound card/modem functions are taken care of, is it possible to control both radios on one rigpi, either simultaneously or separately?

thanks in advance

John
KC3JCS
Hanover, MD USA / FM19pd

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi John,

The IC-7300 has internal sound CODECs, and I believe the 7100 does as well.  That means you can use the audio on the USB cables for RigPi and the digital programs.  You do not need external sound cards.  Both radios can be connected to one RigPi at the same time.  There may be an issue where both radio's CODECs appear with the same name,  which makes selection of one or the other a bit more challenging.

73, Howard W6HN

John C Sauer

Thanks Howard, I know I do not need the external sound cards but I like them and there is something to be said for their quality.   Based on your answer, the external sound cards may actually make it easier in rigpi, correct.

thanks for your help and the rigpi is a huge success.

John

--
John
KC3JCS

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Understood, John.  Sound cards connected to a RigPi USB ports will appear as available audio connections.  Since RigPi supports external Winkeyers, your Modem keyers should work.  This assumes all outputs from the Modems through their USB cables appear as separate devices, CAT, audio, keyers, in RigPi.  You will need to switch the audio sources in RigPi manually depending on which one you want to use.  Be sure to confirm that a special driver isn't necessary to separate the devices.

You are welcome!

--Howard