Topics

Decisions Decisions FT-891 #yaesu #ft-891

Robert M N6TTO

Hello all,

I wanted to pick your brains a little, I hope you don't mind.

I have been in here reading about the RigPi, which as an older IT guy is insanely interesting to me.  However I want to jump into digital, and it brings up a serious question.  I can go down the path of something like a signalink and software, or I can put the money towards a RigPi and get some extra utility, especially when travel goes back to being my normal life (pre-sales security architect for IT, so I normally commercially fly and cover North America).

So my question to you all is... would you recommend buying the RigPi as it sits, and use it to dip into digital, or would you start with just digital and hold off on a iRigPi?

Any thoughts, concerns, or keep in mind I should have?

Thanks all!

Howard Nurse, W6HN

As you know, RigPi does so much more than support digital modes.  If your immediate goal is to experiment with digital modes why not download and install WSJT-X and Fldigi on whatever computer you have available to get started.  Later on you can go with a RigPi, or simply order a RigPi memory card once you are ready for remote ops.

73, Howard W6HN