Topics

MFJ-5708P Cable

robert sherman

I'm getting tired waiting several weeks now for the MFJ-5708P cable for my ICOM IC-756 pro 3.  I'm ready to go except for that cable. Does anyone have the pinouts for that cable so i can make my own cable. Thx & 73, Bob K2SJP
--
Robert W Sherman

Terrence Redding

On Dec 3, 2019, at 9:52 AM, marceno2 via Groups.Io <marceno2@...> wrote:

I'm getting tired waiting several weeks now for the MFJ-5708P cable for my ICOM IC-756 pro 3.  I'm ready to go except for that cable. Does anyone have the pinouts for that cable so i can make my own cable. Thx & 73, Bob K2SJP
--
Robert W Sherman

terry baker

Is it a 13 din pin out.  I have one I do not need.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:52 AM marceno2 via Groups.Io <marceno2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm getting tired waiting several weeks now for the MFJ-5708P cable for my ICOM IC-756 pro 3.  I'm ready to go except for that cable. Does anyone have the pinouts for that cable so i can make my own cable. Thx & 73, Bob K2SJP
--
Robert W Sherman

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Robert,

Here is an article describing how to connect CAT and audio to the 756 PRO III, by Harold, W5ZZT:

https://groups.io/g/RigPi/files/Rig%20Configuration%20Information/ICOM/ICOM%20IC-756%20Pro%20and%20Pro%20III.pdf

Here are details on the MJF cable connections at the RJ-45 end:

https://groups.io/g/RigPi/files/RigPi%20Documentation/audiodipconnections.pdf

The  RX IN and TX OUT 3.5 mm connectors can be used for audio in lieu of the RJ-45 cable.  You can connect TX OUT to your mic connector and RX IN to the 756 audio out instead of wiring a cable for thee RJ-45.

73, Howard W6HN

robert sherman

No Terry, its the 8 pin microphone to RJ-45 cable. I have been waiting for MFJ to ship for several weeks now. So i thought i'd just make one of my own, but i do not know the pinouts within the RJ-45 to connect to the 8 pin microphone side.

robert sherman

THX for the pinouts, Howard. Will make a cable tomorrow. Best 73, Bob K2SJP

Bruce N7XGR

Robert,  Do take in mind that if you connect to the RJ connector you will need to do
jumpering on the IC DIP socket on the RJ daughter board inside the RigPi.
I already had a premade cable from West Mtn that came with a Rigblaster Advantage.
It has a 8 pin Foster mic connector to a 8 pin RJ45.  What I did was to connect the
mic connector onto a chassis mount mic jack for easier contact with a Ohm meter.
I used a spring hook test lead on the mic jack and the other probe was a test point pin.
I took the cover off the RigPI and took the two screws off the RJ board.
Without any DIP jumper module installed I connected the spring hook to pin 1 of the mic jack.
I probed each pin on the number side of the DIP socket, I noted what pin 1 of the mic jack
was called and wrote this on paper along with what DIP pin number it connected to.
I followed all 8 pins and made a cross connect diagram since the wiring of the West Mtn
cable had totally different wiring.  I ordered some 16 pin DIP headers then made another
diagram to wire the headers.  Since I knew what for example pin 1 on the mic jack was
and the pin number on the DIP socket I looked at the other side of the socket in this case
for the audio out for the mic input to the radio and noted this on the DIP diagram.
Take your time one pin at a time.

Bruce  N7XGR

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 9:52 AM marceno2 via Groups.Io <marceno2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm getting tired waiting several weeks now for the MFJ-5708P cable for my ICOM IC-756 pro 3.  I'm ready to go except for that cable. Does anyone have the pinouts for that cable so i can make my own cable. Thx & 73, Bob K2SJP
--
Robert W Sherman

Ken N3KF

If I use the RX in for an IC756 pro3, do I need to put a capacitor inline with the mic input since it has 8 volts on it, or is the MFJ1234 able to handle that? If I need a cap, any particular value? Thanks...