Additional "no transmit audio" tests

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Troubleshooting for lack of transmit audio is usually straightforward.  As with any troubleshooting, try to break the audio path into segments and make sure they are OK by themselves.  Often times it is a radio menu setting getting in the way.

To test the mumble side of transmit audio, connect to the RigPi Mumble server from two other computers or devices.  You will now have the Mumble client on the Raspberry Pi desktop connected to your radio, plus two external clients on different computers.  It is like a party line.  If you speak into one computer you should hear it on the second computer.  If you do, the lack of transmit audio will most likely be in the cabling, PTT, or radio menu settings.

--Howard

Mark, KE5GL

Regarding Howard's Mumble test, does anyone know what I can look for if I do NOT hear my voice on a 2nd or 3rd Computers when transmitting?

Glenn VE9GJ

Not sure of the specific test you are talking about but if you have another computer connected to the same mumble server as rigpi and your "mic" mumble device but hear no mic audio on it I would think the problem would have to be in the mumble app on the mic device. In your case not sure if it is android, iphone, windows laptop etc.
73
Glenn VE9GJ