Topics

Logs

Leslie Loftin

Having a few problems in trying to create a new log (format, etc.) in the web browser.
When I chose a field from the Master List (white area) and move it over to the left to the “Logbook Columns” (yellow area), I find the field to get replicated once more. In other words, when I move “His Call” over to the left, I have two “His Call” in the Logbook Columns list.
If I delete one, they both disappear. This happens with any field I have tried to move.

Anyone seen this?

As a part of my troubleshooting, where do I find the logbook configurations (file) saved on the Rigpi? I have explored the Rigpi desktop through FileManager and had no success. From with WSTJX I can see the logs for wsjtx.log and wsjtx_log.adi. There are other files there also, but none seem to relate to the Rigpi web browser.
I am surely missing something, but what?

Les
WD5BYQ

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Les,

Something does appear to be amiss with the Log Designer window.  I'm seeing strangeness, not what you are seeing, but I need to figure out what is happening.  I'll let you know.

Logbook configurations are saved in one of the MySQL databases used by RigPi.

73, Howard W6HN

Leslie Loftin

Thanks, Howard,
One other item I did not report, but here it is as briefly as I can describe it.
I was able to see that I had created some other log files, though the field tabs are multiple, as I reported.
In addition, I logged in ten contacts in a log (General) for the “Route 66 on the Air” event.
Yet, when I open ANY LOG those same ten contacts populate the fields. Like the proverbial bad penny, they won’t go away.
If I delete one record the default seems to be to delete it from all logs.
Hmmm…

Les

On Sep 12, 2019, at 7:32 PM, Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

Hi Les,

Something does appear to be amiss with the Log Designer window.  I'm seeing strangeness, not what you are seeing, but I need to figure out what is happening.  I'll let you know.

Logbook configurations are saved in one of the MySQL databases used by RigPi.

Hi Les,

The problem I was having yesterday was caused by my use of a RigPi image that had its own problems.  Using the production image, I'm not seeing what you have reported. There are several ways we can figure out what is happening.

1) If you are comfortable using phpMyAdmin, you can export the Logbook, LogFields and LogStyles tables to sql format and send them to me?  My guess is that the LogStyles database may contain errors that are causing the log designer problem.

2) There is a clean set of tables in /var/www/html/Databases folder.  You can import these tables which will overwrite all your existing data.  Be sure to export your existing station database first!

3) If you have a backup of your memory card, you can try using that to see if the problem exists.

--Howard

Leslie Loftin

Thanks, Howard

I am not familiar with phpMyAdmin, so I may skip that part for now.
I do have a backup of the SD card and the log files that I may need for Route 66. Nothing else matters much.
I believe I will try a clean set of tables if I can figure out all the paths.

Thanks for your help. I’ll let you know what happens.

Les

On Sep 13, 2019, at 4:54 PM, Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

[...]

Ok, Howard,
I am in over my head.
I found the three files inside /var/www/html/Databases (fcc_amateur.sql, index.php and station.sql).
I assume the “station.sql” is the only import I need to make, but where does it go? How and where does it get imported?

Les (lost Les)

On Sep 13, 2019, at 9:01 PM, Leslie Loftin <lhloftin2@...> wrote:

[...]

Mark Weisheimer

Les,

The export/import is done under LOG and is in the top right of the LOG screen.
It looks like Howard suggested that, first you export your current log and then proceed to import a fresh log.
Take a look there and see if that is more clear, and fyi, import is at the bottom of that drop down, it isn't visible unless you go lower in the selection window.

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Les,

Mark is correct about exporting your log from RigPi via ADIF.  In this case I'm suggesting a deeper dive to solve the problem, the use of PHPMyAdmin and its Export function.  You can open phpMyAdmin from the Raspberry Pi desktop Programming menu, username root, password 7388.  Select station in the list on the left.  Select Export then Go.  You will create a backup of all databases.  Please send me a copy by private email.

--Howard

Leslie Loftin

Mark,
Thanks for your advice. Log export and import is not the real problem. The thread started with a question about creating a new log.
Here briefly, is what happens. When I attempt to create a new log in a browser (Mac: Safari and Firefox, PC: Microsoft Edge) and I move items from the Master List to the Logbook Columns, many but not all items moved replicate themselves from two to ten times. “Callsign” is particularly bad. So my screen looks something like this:

    Logbook Columns                  Master List        Editor Fields

| Callsign                             <-> Amplifer           | His Street
        | Callsign                             <-> Band                | His City
                                                    <-> Callsign           | His County

I clicked on the Master List item “Callsign” and drug (dragged) it over to the Logbook Columns section.
And presto! I get two Callsign boxes (Fields), when only one is needed or wanted. If I click on one to delete it, they both disappear.
The same thing happens if I drag the Callsign to the Editor Fields.
Here is part of the oddity, in the Master List there are numerous fields from which to choose. “Callsign” will duplicate. “Band” will duplicate. “Club” will NOT duplicate. “His City” will duplicate.

Howard was trying to get me to reload a fresh log setup for the browser Pi log screen and that is where I got lost.
Okay, that was long. Hope you don’t have eye strain.

Les
WD5BYQ

On Sep 14, 2019, at 9:03 AM, Mark Weisheimer <mweisheimer@...> wrote:

Les,

The export/import is done under LOG and is in the top right of the LOG screen.
It looks like Howard suggested that, first you export your current log and then proceed to import a fresh log.
Take a look there and see if that is more clear, and fyi, import is at the bottom of that drop down, it isn't visible unless you go lower in the selection window.

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

Leslie Loftin

Ok, Howard.
I think I have done it. I have a file in “Downloads” on my Mac that is called “station.sql” and appears to be around 3.8 Mb.
I will send it to you, however, if your private email is public knowledge, I don’t have it.
If your email is public, how do ever have time to set on the back porch and look at the water??
So many of us are helpless wanna be Nerds, how would ever have time to do anything else. I’ll send my address and your can reply with your address.
TNX

Les
WD5BYQ

On Sep 14, 2019, at 12:18 PM, Leslie Loftin <lhloftin2@...> wrote:

Mark,
Thanks for your advice. Log export and import is not the real problem. The thread started with a question about creating a new log.
Here briefly, is what happens. When I attempt to create a new log in a browser (Mac: Safari and Firefox, PC: Microsoft Edge) and I move items from the Master List to the Logbook Columns, many but not all items moved replicate themselves from two to ten times. “Callsign” is particularly bad. So my screen looks something like this:

    Logbook Columns                  Master List        Editor Fields

| Callsign                             <-> Amplifer           | His Street
        | Callsign                             <-> Band                | His City
                                                    <-> Callsign           | His County

I clicked on the Master List item “Callsign” and drug (dragged) it over to the Logbook Columns section.
And presto! I get two Callsign boxes (Fields), when only one is needed or wanted. If I click on one to delete it, they both disappear.
The same thing happens if I drag the Callsign to the Editor Fields.
Here is part of the oddity, in the Master List there are numerous fields from which to choose. “Callsign” will duplicate. “Band” will duplicate. “Club” will NOT duplicate. “His City” will duplicate.

Howard was trying to get me to reload a fresh log setup for the browser Pi log screen and that is where I got lost.
Okay, that was long. Hope you don’t have eye strain.

Les
WD5BYQ

On Sep 14, 2019, at 9:03 AM, Mark Weisheimer <mweisheimer@...> wrote:

Les,

The export/import is done under LOG and is in the top right of the LOG screen.
It looks like Howard suggested that, first you export your current log and then proceed to import a fresh log.
Take a look there and see if that is more clear, and fyi, import is at the bottom of that drop down, it isn't visible unless you go lower in the selection window.

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

Rob KI4MCW

Edited

I am seeing the same behavior on v1.05. This happened to me in two different styles.

It is not immediately obvious that any changes made in the Log Designer take effect immediately, and do not require a "save" operation. So I was editing a style, and not knowing how else to make it permanent, I did a "Save As" to the same style name. Viola, now I have two of every field.

I see that when a field is deleted in Log Designer, it is not deleted from the LogStyles table, but the LogBook and LogEditor fields are set to zero. In the F operation in SetStyles.php, if count>0 an update is performed on all records matching the IDValue and Name. This brings these deleted fields back from the dead, and joins them at the hip. Thus if there was some Save As goof as above, SetStyles.php does not catch it.

Hope this helps,

Rob KI4MCW