Topics

KX3 Jumper

johnpierce

I just received the MFJ-5700 KX3 cable.  I guess I was incorrect thinking that the Jumper Plug would be included, but see that it is not.  Where can I get a jumper plug I need to operate the KX3?

John

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi John,

You are correct in your thinking.  Contact MFJ and they will send the header.  In the meantime you can use two audio cables with 3.5mm plugs at both ends in place of the cable.  The TX Out cable should be stereo.  On the RigPi Audio Board you will see a jumper that connects two pins to provide PTT.  If you want to use the Power On circuitry for the KX3, move the jumper to the other end.  (PTT is provided through CAT.)

73, Howard W6HN