Topics

Yaesu FTDX-1200 #mfj-1234

Jason Hamilton

So right now at the moment this is how I have my radio connected.
1.  Followed the standard instructions for setting up the RSS only difference was I chose the FTDX-5000 as my radio in the server.
2. For the audio at the moment I have one of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-USB-linker-Adapter-for-YAESU-FT-450D-950D-DX1200-FT991-radio-connector-ICOM/192781550119?hash=item2ce2ad0227:g:hqIAAOSwOWdcLmqS
so I then connected the audio out from that to go to the RigPi.  I then also increased the settings in the radio for menu items 78 to 100 and 79 to 50 (default, might go higher not sure yet)

So I also ordered https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-FT-FT8-FT4-JT65-PSK-Audio-Interface-6-Pin-Mini-DIN-Cable-DC-11F-for-YAESU/163772517145?hash=item26219a4b19:g:SCEAAOSwnDpaI31s:sc:USPSFirstClass!80021!US!-1
since that splits out the audio from the din port for me and I can then use that instead of the box listed above. Also ordered from gigaparts the din to RJ45 cable as well as I experiment with this.   Right now I can say that the audio coming through is low and I'm hoping that once I get one of the cables and I can eliminate this man in the middle box for now that it will improve the audio for me.

So for the SCU-17 as I understand that is USB sound card and cat control all in one I don't see why you couldn't just plug that directly into the pi (I have my USB cat cable plugged into the pi that way) Let me know your thoughts.

Doug Gerard

Edited

I will be following your progress closely since I also have an ftdx1200 with an scu-17 and would consider the rigpi in the future.

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Jason,

I believe you may be the first to report on the FT DX 1200, your decision to start with the 5000 was a good one.  Please document the steps you took and submit it to the moderators so others can benefit.

73, Howard W6HN

Jason Hamilton

Just out of curiosity right now I'm setup to use the FTDX-5000 as my radio in the RSS but I was wondering if there is a better selection for the FTDX-1200?  Need to also find the additional macros that I can fill in for this.  Over all I am really enjoying this new flexibility of being able to use my radio like this.