Topics

Your help needed!

Howard Nurse, W6HN

I really appreciate it when someone with experience dealing with an issue jumps in to help if a relevant question is asked.  A special thanks to those already doing so!  I know many are using RigPi with great success, and we'd like to see you participating more.

Many questions have been answered previously in the Forum. Please use the Search button at the top of the message window to do a quick look to see if it has.  Questions can also be answered by information in the Forum files area.  Finally, programs that are widely used (such as Mumble and the digital mode programs) usually have active support groups, and provide a rich help resource.

Larry, AC9OX, has been busy creating a Wiki here on the Forum for all to use.  If you have successfully connected to a radio, please write up the steps you took so Larry can add your input.

Thanks for your help making the RigPi Forum a success!

73, Howard W6HN

Robert Rand <don.rand@...>

I am looking for an Elmer, skilled at setting up the RigPI with an IC-7100.

--
><))):>

73
Don
KA5DON

james little <Climaxboop@...>

Me too. But with a ic 7300

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 8:38 PM Robert Rand <don.rand@...> wrote:
I am looking for an Elmer, skilled at setting up the RigPI with an IC-7100.

--
><))):>

73
Don
KA5DON

Vic VE3JAR <vloewen2@...>

Thanks for your comments Howard and the effort from many other involved with HELP.
Yes It would be  good to have more success stories with set-up infor for various radio's.
Still have not seen or mentioned any success Stories or troubles with the RADIO IC-7200.

Great to see the advancement with RigPI updates and future new devekopments  .........

73 Vic

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 8:20 PM Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:
[...]

Mark Weisheimer

Edited

Hi Don and Robert,

There is a very thorough guide at:

https://groups.io/g/RigPi/files/Homebrew%20Information%20from%20Users/RigPi%20Installation%20For%20Icom%20USB%20Radios.pdf

Page 8 has the Menu settings needed in an Icom IC-7100 and IC-7300.
Since that radio uses Texas Instruments internal sound card, the set up is similar to all radios that use that chip family.
Some of those are:
Kenwood TS-590 family
Kenwood TS-990
Icom IC-7100
Icom IC-7300
Yaesu FT-991 family

There is a video for the TS-590 at:

https://groups.io/g/RigPi/files/Video/RigPiTS590SviaUSB.mp4

It may be helpful to at least review that short video.

Please post a "new topic" and include "IC-7100" or "IC-7300" within the subject if you come back with questions after reviewing the information above.
It would be helpful to follow a single thread from the same user on the same subject.

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

Bob

Edited

James,
I am setting up the 7300 with pretty good success.  Howard did a short post a little bit ago that is a fast setup for the 7300.  I will find it and link you to it.  That long PDF is much more complex than you need.

In summary I have done and am working on the following.

1.  Hookup keyboard mouse and display to the RigPi for initial setup.
2. I am using wired networking but wireless should work.
2a.  Run through first setup of RSS
3.  I reset my 7300 to factory defaults to be sure I was on a level playing field.  (Save settings to SD card is you need)
4.  Two cables to the 7300 USB and one for CW Keying (I have to build the CW one today)
5.  Follow this https://groups.io/g/RigPi/message/442

Read the http://RigPi.net/help file and I mean really read it!  I have found it most helpful.

I am still working on how I will do remote access outside of the house and setting the levels.  I am also logging things I am going in a set of posts first run experience.

--
73 KE9A

james little <Climaxboop@...>

Thank you

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 9:58 AM Bob via Groups.Io <bob.fairbairn=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
James,
I am setting up the 7300 with pretty good success.  Howard did a short post a little bit ago that is a fast setup for the 7300.  I will find it and link you to it.  That long PDF is much more complex than you need.

In summary I have done and am working on the following.

1.  Hookup keyboard mouse and display to the RigPi for initial setup.
2. I am using wired networking but wireless should work.
2a.  Run through first setup of RSS
3.  I reset my 7300 to factory defaults to be sure I was on a level playing field.  (Save settings to SD card is you need)
4.  Two cables to the 7300 USB and one for CW Keying (I have to build the CW one today)
5.  I will find you the link to the setup post Howard did and add it here.

I am still working on how I will do remote access outside of the house and setting the levels.  I am also logging things I am going in a set of posts first run experience.

--
73 KE9A

Bob

Here is the post I was talking about https://groups.io/g/RigPi/message/442

I can help more later in the day.
--
73 KE9A

Alex Charyna

I am able control the radio through RSS & the web browser on my laptop (MacBook Pro) and phone (iPhone).

Via VNC Viewer on my laptop, I am also able to run WSJT-X with RSS on my Icom 7200... I racked up a bunch of 20m FT8 QSOs.

I can even run WSJT-X directly on my laptop and control the radio through hamlib... but I have been *struggling* to get audio working through Mumble.   I'm not much of a rag chewer, so I'm ok with that not working for now. But I would like it working.

Bob

Edited

Alex,

We can help with Mumble.  What is not working? What is the device you are trying to listen with?

Stop WSJT-X
Start Mumble on the rigpi
Start Mumble on your other device...  Mumble should find your rigpi on the local network to connect to.

--
73 KE9A