I have a repeatable problem on my system.  When the pi is rebooted and I connect the keyer does not process macros or keystrokes.  If I go back to the tuner portion of RSS and connect the radio the keyer starts sending.

NOTE I do not have the keyer cable hooked up to the radio nor have I tried CAT keying at this point.

The 7300 was reset twice to make sure I was not doing something wrong.  Also I followed the setup in this post :

I think that my ultimate goal is to hook a set of paddles up to the MFJ-1234 for local CW operation so

--
73 KE9A

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Bob,

As you've found, when you reboot RigPi, the radio (and Keyer) are disconnected.  The Keyer is tied to a specific account, so connecting the radio also connects the Keyer.  The Keyer responds to paddle input without a radio connected.

--Howard

Bob

Howard thanks.  Note that things also stop if the IC-7300 goes to sleep!  FYI to others.  Just re-connect the radio if you are not sure.
--
73 KE9A