Topics

Blocking or removing certain Bands from web interface #mfj-1234

KT7AZ

Before deploying the Rigpi for users I would like to block a few of the bands from the selection.  I am using an OCF Dipole and would like to block 15M, 30M and 160M.
Thanks,
Gary
KT7AZ

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Gary,

Disabling certain RigPi Band buttons can be done with some simple editing.  Here is how to do it:

  1. Open Terminal from the Raspberry Pi Desktop.
  2. Type: sudo nano /var/www/html/includes/macroButtons.php<enter>
  3. You can now edit the macroButtons.php file.
  4. Scroll down to locate the 30 button.
  5. In the button class line immediately above 30, change id="30button" to "disabled30button"
  6. Change the 30 to 30 N/A in the 30 line (to show it is not available).
  7. Do the same for the other 2 bands.
  8. Save and exit (Ctrl+o<enter>Ctrl+x)
  9. Refresh the Tuner window and you will see that the three buttons no longer function in the Tuner or Keyer windows.

73, Howard W6HN

KT7AZ

Howard,
Thanks, I’ll get it done.