Topics

Anyone running FT8 with RigPi and an IC-7300 - How do I lower the audio?

Adam Hosa

Hi All,

On most bands my audio level (if you can see my screenshot below) is pretty high, sometimes it hits red. Been trying to figure out how I can lower that some - hopefully I'm missing something realllllly simple.

Thanks!

Adam N1AH

Aaron Jones

Edited

Adam,

That value can be modified in two locations on your rig:

In Connectors > ACC/USB AF Level

And on the volume knob, the smaller knob for "RF/SQL" effects that.

On 7/25/2019 11:59 AM, Adam Hosa via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi All,

On most bands my audio level (if you can see my screenshot below) is pretty high, sometimes it hits red. Been trying to figure out how I can lower that some - hopefully I'm missing something realllllly simple.

Thanks!

Adam N1AH

Adam Hosa

Thanks Aaron!

So my big task/question would be to figure out if I can control the ACC/USB AF Level using a Macro from the RigPI :)

Adam

N5VMO Pat <n5vmo00@...>

That is about the same location I us on my signal just keep it out of the RED ZONE =)

--
73's Pat  N5VMO

Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...>

Look in the IC-7300 advanced manual on page 19-3.

Tells you how to adjust the AF level there.

Aaron Jones

Adam,

The easy way to control the RF level is to load FLRIG which has that was one of the slider options.  That's how I adjust it when working remotely, though it requires logging onto the PI and FLRIG loaded which cannot run simultaneously while the RigPI is controlling your rig.

On page 19-4 of the Advanced IC 7300 guide at the bottom there's a reference to send/reading the AF Output level.

Have you built a macro for your 7300 yet?

I have an IC-7100 and it's similar:

On 7/25/2019 12:39 PM, N5VMO Pat wrote:
That is about the same location I us on my signal just keep it out of the RED ZONE =)

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 2:29 PM Adam Hosa via Groups.Io <Ifone=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Aaron!

So my big task/question would be to figure out if I can control the ACC/USB AF Level using a Macro from the RigPI :)

Adam

--
73's Pat  N5VMO

Aaron Jones

On my IC-7100 I was able to Open and Close the USB Audio SQL setting using this macro:

Open (squelch is on): *1w \0xFE\0xFE\0x88\0xE0\0x1A\0x05\0x00\0x83\0x01\0xFD

Closed(Squelch is off - or OPEN - you'll hear static in mumble):  *1w \0xFE\0xFE\0x88\0xE0\0x1A\0x05\0x00\0x83\0x00\0xFD

The commands are different for the 7300, 0x88 changes to 0x94 and the command values are different numbers.  Good luck.

AG7GK