Topics

yaesu ft-891 #mfj-1234

kc9flu@...

i have the RSS hooked to my yaesu-891 with usb cable to usb on back of radio . i can connect  to radio ,,via  my android phone . and control frequency. turn the radio on and off. fully control my radio . everything but audio.. i had a  signal Link 6 pin din to rj45 .. and downloaded plumble to and got that to connect.. but don't think i am going to get audio from that  data jack,,  would i go RJ45  from RSS to Mic on radio then run speaker output from radio to unit? to get sound?

Mark Weisheimer

Hello!

It sounds like you have the CAT control all set up, and now on to the audio interface.
You will be best to use your Signal Link 6 pin DIN to RJ-45 which is pin compatible with the RigPi.
For that, you will need to install the jumper block in the RigPi, it is installed on the underside of the top board and requires that you remove the 2 screws to the RigPi case, then 2 more screws holding down that top board.
On the bottom of that board, you will find the socket for the jumper block. That jumper block will route the TX/RX audio and the PTT line through the RJ-45 and on to the 6 pin DIN connector.
There will surely be a setting or three to make in the radio, such as where it sources the TX and RX audio which will be the 6 pin DIN and not the front mic.
I don't know exactly what those settings are, but if you don't see it in the manual, ask here and one of the users might know.

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast...since April 23, 2019!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

kc9flu@...

so the jumper block is already on the board it just needs to be hooked up?

Mark Weisheimer

The jumper block might be in your Signal Link unit.
If not, use this guide to make wire jumpers (26ga solid copper, like home telephone or ethernet cabling wire size) at:

https://groups.io/g/RigPi/files/RigPi%20Documentation/audiodipconnections.pdf

I believe that you would use block C for your cable.

And with that, this old boy has to head to bed, 5:20A comes too quickly...

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast...since April 23, 2019!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

kc9flu@...

thanks for the info... i am going to make some jumpers.. looks like for yaesu radios , i will jump:
pin 1 to MIC
pin 2 to GND
pin 3 to PTT
pin 5 to SPKR

Mark Weisheimer

That sounds right, and I should mention that it would be insulated solid copper ~26 gauge wire jumpers.