Topics

Can't log in to rss server

cnajanj

At first I can log in with my username and password but after a couple of times I can't log in anymore. Need help please.

cnajanj

I tried the root username and 7388 password but this is the message I get. #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES). Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks you.

Mark Weisheimer

Hello,

Use the search function at the top of this forum, there are several posts on how to reset passwords and to add a new admin user account.
Do you have a monitor and keyboard/mouse connected to the RigPi?
If not, that would be a good place to start.

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast...since April 23, 2019!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

cnajanj

Hi Mark! I tried the backdoor method by using the "root" as username and "7388" as password this is the message I get, #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Use the search function at the top of this forum, there are several posts on how to reset passwords and to add a new admin user account.
Do you have a monitor and keyboard/mouse connected to the RigPi?
If not, that would be a good place to start.

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast...since April 23, 2019!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...>

Is this the post you are following?

https://groups.io/g/RigPi/message/317?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,Password,20,2,20,31691719

The program called MyPHPAdmin is under Programming in the applications menu (raspberry in upper left of desktop.  Follow it closely.  I just tried it on mine and it works fine.

Harold

cnajanj

Yes this is the one I'm following. But I get this message, #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

From: Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...>
Date: 7/13/19 1:26 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: RigPi@groups.io

If you port forward port 5900 and contact me thru private email with your WAN address I will be glad to get in remotely and take a look.  Seems we are as far as we can go on the forum.

cnajanj

Hi Harold, can you please teach me how to do the port 5900 thing. Thanks.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

From: Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...>
Date: 7/14/19 11:39 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: RigPi@groups.io

BTW, would you mind telling me your name and call so I know who I am talking to?

As far as the port forwarding every router is different.  You will have to do some searches and read about port forwarding in general and then apply that knowledge to you specific router.

So you are on your own here.

Harold

Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...>

OK Norman and good luck in your searches.

What is your call?

cnajanj

Call sign KM6AVL.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

OK Norman and good luck in your searches.

What is your call?

cnajanj

Harold I'm not sure if I'm on the right track here, am I suppose to be on this page?

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

From: Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...>
Date: 7/15/19 5:56 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: RigPi@groups.io

Norman,

At this point if I was you I would call where you bought your RigPi or MFJ and see if you can exchange the card in your RigPi.

You are going to have a very hard time getting the RigPi working without any computer skills.  I suggest getting some local help to get it going.

Harold

Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...>

Norman,

That's great.  The folks at MFJ are very accommodating. When you get the new card leave the password blank untul you set up a second ID with a password.  Make sure it works before adding a password to the admin account.  The second id also should have the access level set to 1 so you can use it for everything including resetting the password on any account.

Just remember if you have any trouble stop and ask for help here before you change anything in the RigPi.  As you have seen you can get yourself in trouble if you are not familiar with all the settings.

You should also brush on on your PC skills while waiting on you card.

HArold

cnajanj

Hi Harold, I finally got my new SD card from mfj and I'm trying to back up the new SD card as recommended using Win32DiskImager, it can recognize the card but it can recognize 2 system [D:\] and [E:\] I'm confused which one is it?

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

That's great.  The folks at MFJ are very accommodating. When you get the new card leave the password blank untul you set up a second ID with a password.  Make sure it works before adding a password to the admin account.  The second id also should have the access level set to 1 so you can use it for everything including resetting the password on any account.

Just remember if you have any trouble stop and ask for help here before you change anything in the RigPi.  As you have seen you can get yourself in trouble if you are not familiar with all the settings.

You should also brush on on your PC skills while waiting on you card.

HArold

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Norman,

There are several ways to back up your memory card. Perhaps the simplest way is to use the SD card backup program included with the Raspberry Pi.  K0JTA on this forum may be able to give you a hand with that. I’m in Reno at NVCON so it is hard for me to help with any detail.

73, Howard W6HN

cnajanj

Thanks Howard I will look into it.