Topics

MFJ-1234 #mfj-1234

kc9flu@...

Will the yaesu ftm-100dr work on the MFJ-1234 > i have the SCU-20 cable 10 pinĀ  to usb.. or do I need a different cable

Mark Weisheimer

The MFJ-1234 supports radios with CAT capability which allows remote control of the frequency, mode and other functions.
A Google search and a quick run through of the manual seems to say that the ftm-100dr does not have CAT capability.
The Hamlib list of CAT capable radios is at:
https://groups.io/g/RigPi/files/RigPi%20Documentation/Hamlib%20Radio%20List%205-7-19.pdf
Some radios with CAT capability do not appear on that list but are still usable.
The key is that they do have an interface to CAT and support another common radio, such as the Kenwood TS-480.

And fair warning, I am no expert on this radio and would love to hear that it does support CAT.
--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast...since April 23, 2019!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi