Topics

Macros buttons #mfj-1234 #ft-991a

georges.hayet@...

Edited

Hi,
Any chances that in a next version we get the possibilities to add more macro buttons (second page maybe). I have mapped all the available ones for my Yaesu FT-991A... but I would need more!
Also any chance to get the S-Meter reading fixed also?
Also, is it possible to get back the state of a CAT command sent to the radio? For example, if I click on a macro button that send a specific CAT command, the RigPi could return in a small windows of the RigPi interface, the status or state of a specific function?
Thanks for the great product, more comments to share if you want!
Georges
VA2GH

Mark Weisheimer

Hi Georges,

When I borrowed my brother's FT-991A for testing I too noticed that the S meter is inactive on receive.

As to the question of "more macros", the answer is "yes" and it has come up before:

https://groups.io/g/RigPi/message/762

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A RigPi Enthusiast...since April 23, 2019!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Georges,

Thanks for your input!

Mark answered your question about additional macros.  The solution he referenced is especially good if you have a need for two or more distinctive macro sets.  If there is enough interest, we can add more macros in a future version.

The  S-meter problem is caused by an issue in Hamlib which RigPi uses.  I believe the 991 issues have been fixed in an upcoming release from the Hamlib team.  The new (still in Beta) Hamlib library can be used to update RigPi after release.

RigPi already has a feedback mechanism when a custom macro interrogates the radio and the radio sends back a response. The information in the resulting dialog shows the raw radio data, so it needs to be interpreted.  Check out the Macros topic in Help for how to format custom macros with a leading 0 (no return from the radio) and 1 (radio returns data, displayed in a dialog).

Keep the suggestions coming!

73, Howard W6HN

georges.hayet@...

Hello Howard,
Thanks for the answers.
One other issue I have. I have created a 2nd Account as Guest, with an Access level set at 3 (I tried also as 1 and 2), It's connected on the same radio as the 1st primary account on /dev/ttyUSB0, but this second is connected as the documentation recommendation (Hamlib on port 4532 etc...). Everything work well except when I'm using this second account, the Spots information doesn't populate at all. On First account, the spots appear and are refreshed, on the Second account, I see my spot source, I click Connect, it say I'm connected, but no information display ever.
Thanks.
Georges
VA2GH

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Georges,

The connection to a Telnet spot site requires a valid amateur radio call, which is taken form the account’s user call.  So you can use your call in the call sign field for your Guest account or the call for someone who will use the Guest account.

73, Howard W6HN