RS-918 Setup for the MFJ-1234 #rs-918 #mfj-1234

VE2KDB <corpa@...>

Anyone using the RS-918A with the MFJ-1234.  Is there any full set up instructions anywhere ?

Mark Weisheimer - k8mhw

While I haven't heard of anyone yet using that radio (or any of it's mcHF cousins) it appears to have everything it would need to work.
It has a mini-USB interface (the DFU port) that would allow you to connect a single USB-Mini cable from the RigPi to the radio.
That would carry both CAT radio control (it supports FT-918 CAT commands) and USB audio for Transmit and Receive audio.

--
73 - Mark - K8MHW
'A well seasoned RigPi Enthusiast...since April 23, 2019!' - I am not otherwise affiliated with MFJ or RigPi

Mike K0JTA

GREAT question!  I had thought of this myself, but had not taken any action.  (So, THANK YOU for this new topic!)

For those who may not know what this "RS-918" is all about, it is a pocket-sized 10 watt HF ham SDR.  There is a user group as seen in the following link, where one can learn more about this fine unit:
https://groups.io/g/RS-918-HF-SDR-Transceiver

The RS-918-PLUS has been around for quite some time, and as a result, the basic model is quite mature.  -And it continues to evolve, as the FIRMWARE continues to be updated as the firmware is ongoingly improved.  (The FIRMWARE "is the radio," to summarize...)

I have the SD card for the RigPI on order from MFJ, and of course, it is on back-order at this moment.  -Not at all surprising, as the MFJ-1234 is quite an exciting item!  My original thought was to use the MFJ-1234's SD card to couple my Raspberry PI to an IC-7300, but the possibility to use this same device to control the RS-918 is  very exciting to me!

73;  Mike, K0JTA