RigPi is sold.

Jeff
K2SDR

On May 19, 2019, at 8:06 AM, Jeff Kelly via Groups.Io <jkelly=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

I picked up an extra MFJ1234 at Dayton.
$325 to cover tax and shipping.
Email offlist to jkelly @ verizon.net

Jeff

Garry Decker <K9WHF@...>

My MFJ1234 arrives Wednesday.
I am returning it unopened to Gigaparts as I think I am going to have significant issues getting it connected with my Comcast gateway port setups.
The so called Plug and Play is a myth propagated by the developer not to mention the required subscription to his CommCat software.
If anyone needs one of these send me a e-mail at K9WHF at Comcast dot net.
73
Garry
W9WHF

On May 19, 2019, at 3:13 PM, Jeff Kelly via Groups.Io <jkelly=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

RigPi is sold.

Jeff
K2SDR
On May 19, 2019, at 8:06 AM, Jeff Kelly via Groups.Io <jkelly=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

I picked up an extra MFJ1234 at Dayton.
$325 to cover tax and shipping.
Email offlist to jkelly @ verizon.net

Jeff

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Garry,

Just to clear up any potential confusion, CommCat is not required for RigPi, but if you happen to have CommCat, it can be used to talk to RigPi. Most folks will simply use a browser.

CommCat is not a subscription program. It is $50 one time with free updates and free tech support even if you purchased 20 years ago.

73, Howard W6HN

Michael Young

Howard, I apologize for Garry!

Mike
WB8CXO

On May 19, 2019, at 5:38 PM, Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

Hi Garry,

Just to clear up any potential confusion, CommCat is not required for RigPi, but if you happen to have CommCat, it can be used to talk to RigPi. Most folks will simply use a browser.

CommCat is not a subscription program. It is $50 one time with free updates and free tech support even if you purchased 20 years ago.

73, Howard W6HN

Garry Decker <K9WHF@...>

I apologize for me Howard.
Clearly I am confused though I thought I read Commcat was listed in the list of requirements.
It seems people are struggling who do not have much network experience.
Thank you
Garry
W9WHF

On May 19, 2019, at 5:17 PM, Michael Young <wb8cxo@...> wrote:

Howard, I apologize for Garry!

Mike
WB8CXO

On May 19, 2019, at 5:38 PM, Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

Hi Garry,

Just to clear up any potential confusion, CommCat is not required for RigPi, but if you happen to have CommCat, it can be used to talk to RigPi. Most folks will simply use a browser.

CommCat is not a subscription program. It is $50 one time with free updates and free tech support even if you purchased 20 years ago.

73, Howard W6HN

Reuben Stapp

It doesn't require commcat although it can use it. It uses almost any browser.  The only browser that I found didn't work right was QTWeb. Setup depends on the radio you have. It will require a CAT to USB cable for your radio and audio interface cables.

Sent from my Boost Mobile Phone.

I am returning it unopened to Gigaparts as I think I am going to have significant issues getting it connected with my Comcast gateway port setups.
The so called Plug and Play is a myth propagated by the developer not to mention the required subscription to his CommCat software.
If anyone needs one of these send me a e-mail at K9WHF at Comcast dot net.
73
Garry
W9WHF
> On May 19, 2019, at 3:13 PM, Jeff Kelly via Groups.Io <jkelly@...> wrote:
>
> RigPi is sold.
>
> Jeff
> K2SDR
>> On May 19, 2019, at 8:06 AM, Jeff Kelly via Groups.Io <jkelly@...> wrote:
>>
>> I picked up an extra MFJ1234 at Dayton.
>> $325 to cover tax and shipping.
>> Email offlist to jkelly @ verizon.net
>>
>> Jeff

Howard Nurse, W6HN

No problem, Garry, thanks.  In reality we are all learning, which is why I started the development of RigPi in the first place several years ago.

73, Howard W6HN