Running the tuner browser page directly on the RigPi server

Manuel Maseda

Is it possible to use the tuner browser page directly on the RigPi server and operate a radio?  If so, how do you hear audio from the radio and connect a microphone?  Also the RigPi came with a single 3.5mm audio cable.  What is that for?

Manuel W4SSB

Michael Young

Hi Manuel,  if you plug in a hmdi screen into your RigPi also a keyboard and mouse (usb wireless works great)...  When you boot the RigPi it wIll boot to the Pixel dashboard.  Clicking the pi symbol will connect you to the RSS tuner page.

Hope this helps!

Mike
WB8CXO

On May 18, 2019, at 12:25 PM, Manuel Maseda <mmaseda@...> wrote:

Is it possible to use the tuner browser page directly on the RigPi server and operate a radio?  If so, how do you hear audio from the radio and connect a microphone?  Also the RigPi came with a single 3.5mm audio cable.  What is that for?

Manuel W4SSB

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Manuel,

To add to Mike’s comments...

If you are using RigPi in your shack with an HDMI monitor, you are presumable next to your radio and wouldn’t need audio through RigPi.  Tell us a bit more because I think I am missing something,  The 3.5mm cable can be used for any of the 3.5mm jacks on RigPi.  Audio in, out, CW Keying, PTT, etc.

73, Howard W6HN

Manuel Maseda

Howard,

Your absolutely correct about getting the audio directly from the radio.  No need for audio out of the RigPi.  What made me even think about this was during troubleshooting I wanted to play a YouTube video on the RigPi.  That’s when I realized I didn’t have a way to hear audio on it since the audio jack of the Raspberry Pi is not accessible.  I got around that by just plugging in a small $9 USB sound card into the RigPi and moving from the audioinjector-pi-soundcard to the USB one.  When I was done watching the video I just changed things back.

Thanks again for all the hard work you and the others have put into this project.  One suggestion for those trying to set their RigPi up is read the help file.  There a tremendous amount information there that will help with setup and troubleshooting.  You probably spent as much time writing the help file as you did coding !!!

Manuel W4SSB

On May 20, 2019, at 7:13 AM, Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

Hi Manuel,

To add to Mike’s comments...

If you are using RigPi in your shack with an HDMI monitor, you are presumable next to your radio and wouldn’t need audio through RigPi.  Tell us a bit more because I think I am missing something,  The 3.5mm cable can be used for any of the 3.5mm jacks on RigPi.  Audio in, out, CW Keying, PTT, etc.

You are welcome, Manuel!  Yes, there are many who have been involved, making my job much easier!

Ah, understood about the audio.  I just plug a pair of earbuds into the Audio Out connector on the RigPi Audio board.  It is mono, but works fine.

73, Howard W6HN