Rotor Control Almost Works

Terry Van

I have a first generation RigPi running version 2.0
Problem: Rotor Control is defined as M2 RC2800, bought a new RS232 to USB cable with FTDI chip set
When telling the rotor to go to 86 degrees, the current position shows up as:

When I tell it to Rotate, the screen shows this:

at which point the rotor takes off and turns CCW to 0 degrees, my dead spot. never to move again under Pi control unless I manually turn the rotor to something like 90 degrees.... which then repeats the symptom.

What should I look at?

Note: the rotor is 20 years old and works very well with its original RS232 cable.

Terry, W0VB