Re: Which Raspberry Pi 4 B

Mark Schroeder, W7KHZ

Thanks Howard. I really dont want to get out the drill and start fabricating a new case, so I plan on just buying a new one when its available and has had a few months in the hands of others.
I am very pleased with how well my current device is running the remote radio and am hoping the “PTT” flaw in the remote control app is resolved. I am frequently having to double check that when I disconnect the radio that I have not left the radio keyed up as the disconnect routine still leaves the ability to PTT the radio, even when the app says its disconnected and I have all zeros on the display of the app. This is more of a problem when I use mu iPhone(s) than it is for any other computer I use.

-73’s Mark Schroeder, W7KHZ-🇺🇸

On Sep 18, 2020, at 3:36 PM, Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

The existing Audio and Keyer boards will work just fine with a Raspberry Pi 4B.  The problem is the connector locations on the new 4B board which require a modified case.

I've tested the 2GB up to 8GB Raspberry Pi 4B boards and haven't noticed much, if any, difference.  You can use htop from Terminal on the Raspberry Pi desktop to see how much memory is being used.  It is rare to see the 1GB RAM on the 3B+ exceeded causing the swap space to be used.

Note the 1GB 4B is no longer offered.  The 4B 2GB version runs about $35 from all the usual sources.

Correct, the Raspberry Pi 4B can't use the older O/S (Stretch), it requires Buster.  Buster will run on the 4B and 3B+.  RigPi 2 uses Buster.