Re: rigpi frozen

Perry Ogletree

If you get/have a SD card reader for your PC/Laptop you can read/write the “boot” FAT 32 area of your SD card (Ignore any “You need to format” prompt as that’s just complaints about the Linux partition) . If you get software, like the Paragon “Linux File System for Windows”, you can even read/write the Linux EXT4 partition.  That allows you to make easy backups of your config files, edit and file you need to modify, etc.

Perry K4PWO

From: RigPi@groups.io <RigPi@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bart Craytor
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2020 9:01 AM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] rigpi frozen

Of additional note, the bios kernel may have become corrupted and need to be re-installed.  See the Raspberry Pi dot org web page about corrupt kernels. 

Good Luck

Bart

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 12:09 PM Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

Hi Gerald,

If the green activity light doesn't blink at all, the memory card may have become corrupted.  The red light should stay on continuously and not blink...if it does, a power supply issue may be the cause.

Hopefully you made a backup of your current card.  If not you may have to get another card or download the image from MFJ.  MFJ may cover the card under warranty...contact them to see.

--Howard

--

Bart C. Craytor  bcraytor@... 
Attorney at Law
Licensed in Arkansas--Oklahoma--Texas

www.trialatty.com

Offices:
LAW OFFICES OF BART C. CRAYTOR
126 West 2nd Street
Mount Pleasant, Texas  75455
Tel: 903-293-7729
Fax 866-314-2960 Toll Free Direct Fax

"[A]ny lawyer worth his salt will tell the suspect in no uncertain terms to make no statement to police under any circumstances."

-- Watts v. Indiana 338 US 49 at 59 (1949) (Concurring Opinion, Justice Jackson)

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just." Thomas Jefferson

Join RigPi@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.