Re: IC-7100 radio hookup

Michael Young

Manuel,

RigPi testers have successfully connected the IC-7300 and IC-7610 just using the USB connection between the radio and the RigPi.  These ICOM radios (and many others) have built in sound cards that are available via USB.  The IC-7100 also has a built in sound card that is accessible via USB.  So IN THEORY it should work.  Here's a link to a great online reference on how to do this to many ICOM radios that have built in USB sound cards.    http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ConnectingIcom72007600

And here's an excerp from that document:
  • to configure your IC-7100 to accept audio from the USB interface, decide whether your digital mode operation will employ Data mode or not. Then open the transceiver's SET MODE menu and

    • set the Connectors (DATA OFF MOD) or Connectors (DATA MOD) to USB, as shown on page 1-18 of the IC-7100 Advanced Instruction Manual

    • set the Connectors (USB MOD Level) to 50% (you can increase or decrease this later to adjust the audio drive level)

    • set the Connectors (ACC/USB AF Level) to 50% (you can increase or decrease this later to adjust the density of the waterfall display)

I have an Elad FDM-DUO that I have interfaced to the RigPi just using USB.   So for the moment you can try it with what we know now.  Many of us in the group will help.

73
Mike
WB8CXO