Re: Power failure

Jim Yuen

Aloha Skip,

1. If your monitor tests okay, then either the Raspberry Pi HDMI connection is bad (power damage?) or the Raspbian Linux is corrupted.

2. The RigPi (RSS) app consists of a series of HTML programs residing on the Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi is the web server that processes your RigPi app which is why you can connect. So obviously the Raspberry software is working enough to allow you to connect.

3.When VNC rejects your login, it may be your login/password is wrong or corrupted. Try the default "pi" and "7388".. You can possibly download and re-install VNC on the RPi but I've never tried that myself.

It's hard to say whether the board or the software is corrupted. If you can borrow a copy of the software from a nearby ham to test vs your copy.  p.s. making a copy of the software on a spare SD card is a good backup.

I'm not an expert on this stuff as I've only worked with it since March for my club, but I've had my share of problems. Good Luck.

73. Jim WH6GS

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 10:26 AM Skip Merrill <ks4q.skip@...> wrote:
Hi Jim,
When I log on to the RSS using a computer on the same network I am using a different monitor. At the time of the failure I had a different monitor connected directly to the rigpi HMDI port and I have since checked both the monitor and cable, they are ok. The power wasn't off long so the RSS retained the same IP and that is what I am using to access the rigpi software which still works. I don't understand how the rigpi could be working without the Raspberry software working. When I try to log on using VNC I get a logon rejected message. I am beginning to agree that the memory card is corrupt.

Thanks,
Skip, KS4Q