Radio's mic audio question

Barry VA6DX

When audio goes through the RigPi rather than the radio's normal mic, do the radio's mic settings (like mic EQ settings) still take effect? More particular the radios that are connected to the RigPi via USB. I'm trying to get more 'highs' and more 'punch' in my TX audio but my audio doesn't seem to be effected. On my FT-991A, I've bumped up the highs (in the EQ) as high as they go and backed off the 'lows' as much as possible and my audio still has way too much base in it. Not sure what else I can try to give the TX audio more punch (highs).