Re: Rigpi has no internet connection #rss

Garry Chessen

Howard here is photo

On May 4, 2020, at 5:31 PM, Garry Chessen <GARRYCHESSEN@...> wrote:

I took my Rigpi to my son-in-laws house and tried to connect to his wifi. Rigpi said it was associated with the wifi with a green check on router name but the wifi symbol continually cycled and I could not go to the internet. I then turned wifi off, connected ethernet cable to router, rebooted but still could not get to internet. There must be something wrong with that board. Any other possibilities or ideas?

Garry Chessen  WB6IPQ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Bruce N7XGR
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2020 8:15 PM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Rigpi has no internet connection #rss

Garry,  Try this, get into your router config main screen and depending on the router

find the page that has all connections both wired and WIFI.

In mu Asus router my connection to the unit reads rigpi with the IP and MAC addresses.

It has an RJ45 icon for a wired connection.  I config VNC from the PC using the IP in the router.

Have you tried a known good cable?

Bruce  N7XGR

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 8:50 PM Garry Chessen <Garrychessen@...> wrote:

Howard, I connected direct to router. No connection still. Here is pic of lights.

<image0.jpeg>

On May 2, 2020, at 5:21 PM, Garry Chessen via groups.io <Garrychessen=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Howard for getting back to me. I will try that tonight.  I did put the original SD card in to see if that helped.  Still the same. I would have thought if Ethernet was workin g I could access the setup of the extender> That did not work.  Hope direct connect will.

Garry - Sent from my iPad

On May 2, 2020, at 1:00 PM, Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:

Hi Garry,

Your tests so far are good.  The green light on RigPi’s Ethernet connector should flash no matter what.  Can you temporarily plug RigPi directly into your main router to see if it tries to connect?