Re: Remote operatiion: RigPi == USB=> IC-7100 no audio (TX or RX) #rigpi #ic-7100 #audio #remote

Tom Thomas <w7tct@...>

The four things that got me past the audio hurdles were:
1. For the RigPi's sound card, have the right pins connected on the jumper block for your radio. The jumper module that I got had the notch marked on the opposite end of where the jumper block had its notch. I purchased the module from Signallink as, while it works with my Signallink and the diagram was the same, so it seemed, the notches were not on the same end. (This caused the red Tx/Busy light on my Yaesu FT-891 to flash)
2. I made a "tomt" account on my MacBook's Mumble client and did not rely on the 'pi' or built-in Mumble accounts.
3. From Howard, (thanks!) do not connect the Mumble server to the SuperUser account but rather just use the 'pi' account.
4. Make sure that both client and server Configure : Settings : Audio Input transmit settings are set to 'Continuous'.

If the lips (a hideous icon, IMHO) on the Task bar are still not red, reboot the RigPi and reload the client. If still not red, then something is still off.
Note: I got WSJT-X working first as it was the 'simplest' test of making sure the codec and CAT was working.

Final note for FT-891 users, 38,400 Cat Rate works fine. I found that 19,200 caused RSS to connect and disconnect over and over within a few seconds.

Hope this helps.