Re: Boot error on first attempt

Rick Black

A kernel panic is usually indicative of a hardware (memory) issue on the (in this case) RasPi. If you have another Raspberry Pi, use the SD card to attempt to boot it.

Also, you could attempt to install a regular Raspbian OS on that same Pi and see what happens.

I say all this as a Unix admin of a few years. I think it is safe to say that you have a hardware issue. If you are using the MFJ package, I would disconnect the sound card and the keyer from the GPIO bus and see if you still get the error.

Rick   K4RAB

On 11/30/19 13:53, Kenneth F wrote:
The first thing to do was to make a backup copy of the SD-card using win32DiskImager.

Now trying to boot the first time I got on the last line on the boot screen:
 "end Kernel panic - not syncing:attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00007f00"

The same error on the original sd-card.

Any suggestions ?

73:s de Kenneth / SM0OHC