Re: RigPi Power Up - Help questions

Michael Young

When I boot the RPi I see Mumble starting up automatically but not the RSS.  Pretty sure I hafta click on the Pi symbol to start the RSS.  Will investigate this evening.

Mike

On Apr 24, 2019, at 2:31 PM, Ben <bstapp@...> wrote:

On rigpi.groups.io the Messages can me listed by topic, message, or expanded full message.

The mumble server restarts automatically. I have been connected listening when I have done a reboot and the audio goes away until the RigPi is back up. Mumble will also tell you when it disconnects and reconnects. I also use RealVNC VNC Viewer/Connect and that also restarts automatically once set up correctly. If connected at a reboot it will wait to reconnect.
The only thing I have seen not reconnect is if you are using a connection through a browser once the link is severed you have to wait and restart the browser connection.

Reuben Stapp "Ben"
KB5ZO
Product Development Engineer
MFJ Enterprises, Inc.
662-323-5869

From: RigPi@groups.io [mailto:RigPi@groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Nurse
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:20 PM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] RigPi Power Up - Help questions

Hi David,

Please see below.

On Apr 24, 2019, at 10:46 AM, WA8KHP - <joepic9@...> wrote:

1.  After the RigPi is configured and working, if the Pi is shut down when it powers up will everything automatically startup or must you manually start the software each time?

Yes, the server starts automatically so you can reconnect right away.  Mumble client also starts up automatically on boot (but that can be changed if you wish).  You will have to log in and restart the radio connection.

2.  Is there a "Dead ManTimer"  to automatically stop the rig from transmitting after 10 minutes or some customized time?

At the top of my list for adding.

3.  Is there a version number or date on the HELP at RigPi.net

The PDF shows version 1.  As changes are made to the software or Help I’ll will add to a new “What’s New” section in Help.

4.  Will the HELP file have any indication when a section is new or updated to make it easy to find this information?

Yes, see 3.

5.  Is it possible for you to enable a TOPICS tab/button to show ALL of the topics in this forum?  Currently only option is NEW TOPIC.

Below the rigpi.groups.io link at the top of the messages window I see a button that opens a drop-down list where you can select Topics, Messages, and Polls.  Showing that option may be a user option, I’ll check.

—Howard

Thanks

David - WA8KHP