Re: Audio Hum on SSB

HERB KEATON N2GEW

As an "update" to my finding above with regards to the audio hum, I have now
determined that if I disconnect the ethernet connection to the network (in lieu of the
DIN audio cable) , the hum is not present.

Thinking about this, the network connection must be where the issue lies and I need
to look here. I am attached directly to a port on the Asus wireless router with what is
probably a 10' CAT 5 ethernet cable. I could try going with a CAT 6 shielded cable but
it would be shooting in the dark unless someone has some similar experiences.

Perhaps connection thru WiFI would be an alternative?

73 / N2GEW / Herb