Re: Remotely powering Radio/RigPi On/Off

Michael Foerster

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 01:18 PM, Howard Nurse, W6HN wrote:
Just to follow up for anyone interested in a relay AC power switch, they are back in stock at Amazon:

Another idea that I have used quite a bit, is to modify a computer outlet strip to use an SSR similar to:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/24V-380V-40A-250V-SSR-40-DA-Solid-State-Relay-Module-3-32V-DC-To-AC/163888046797?hash=item26287d22cd:g:VcQAAOSwX7BacSxg
  I modified to outlet strip to use the SSR to activate the power and drive the input circuit directly from and Arduino or in this case, a RigPi.

I use these to power off all of my computer peripherals (monitor, speaker, etc.) when I power off my computer.  SSR is driven off the 5v of the computer.  I also, have one that is driven off the Arduino that switches DC power on my K3 power supply, speakers & rotor (the Arduino also automatically switches my antennas, following the K3).

--
Mike, W0IH