Re: FT-100D setup??? USB only or Something else for audio? #yaesu #ft-100d #rss

Michael Foerster

I also have a Yaesu FT-100 and I’m considering connecting it up to the RigPi. (I do have the I/F cable).

My concern is that this is a ~20 year old radio and there is no controls to power the rig on & off.  However, I could turn the Power Supply on/off using an SSR (they are available on Ebay for 2 or 3 $.).  Require a few milliamps to turn on. HOWEVER, this requires a connection to the RigPi GPIO (no big deal) but it would also then require control from the RigPi remote to toggle that GPIO pin.

    IS THERE A WAY TO TOGGLE A GPIO PIN USING A BUTTON & SOME SORT OF MACRO?
--
Mike, W0IH