Re: SD card backup process

Michael Foerster

Loic,

More than likely, what happened is that the 32GB card that you purchased does not have the speed that is required.  Either that the card purchased was a slower class device, or that the higher speed card you ordered is a fake, and doesn’t have the speed that it should.

You can test the speed of the card either in your RigPi or on a PC.  I purchased an inexpensive USB3 SD card interface specifically so that I could test the speed of some of the Micro-SD cards that I have (using CrystalDiskMark6) on my PC.    Test the speed of your original SD card against the new 32GB card and see if there is a big difference.
--
Mike, W0IH