Re: Need Help with Icom 7600 Cat connection

james little <Climaxboop@...>

Howard, could you put a step by step for the ic7300 on here?  Thanks.  K4JUO

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 8:22 PM Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...> wrote:
Howard,

I didn't have the CI-V transceive off but it is now.  I had the baud rate set to default in the advanced radio.  The radio is set to 9600 as default after my reset.  I had the advanced radio baud set to default.

After turning off the CI-V transceive off it did not connect so I set the baud rate in your program to 9600 which matches the radio.

It still doesn't connect.  I now get this:

rigctld processes running:

www-data 1235 0.0 0.4 14728 3832 ? Sl 17:14 0:00 rigctld -m 363 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -t 4532 --set-conf stop_bits=1

Error connecting to radio (RPRT -13)(0). Check radio connection and settings. Is the radio powered up? Please try again.

Any other ideas?

Harold

From: RigPi@groups.io <RigPi@groups.io> on behalf of Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...>
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2019 7:11 PM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RigPi] Need Help with Icom 7600 Cat connection

Hi Harold,

Glad you had a safe trip home!

I see the Baud rate is being set to 9600.  Make sure it is set to 9600 in your radio menu, don’t use Autobaud.

Turn off CI-V Transceive in the radio menu.

You shouldn’t need to set the number of stop bits, set that to Default.

Let’s see if this gets you going.

73, Howard W6HN 

X

On May 20, 2019, at 7:51 PM, Harold Rosee <wa5zzt@...> wrote:

Hello All,

Just got back from Dayton.  It was a long drive.

I have spent the last 5 hours trying to get the RigPi connected to my Icom 7600.  All I care about is the cat control for now. I’ll deal with any audio issues later.

I have the A/B type USB cable connected between the rig and the RigPi.  I believe the RigPi knows the radio is there because R-port shows up in the “advanced radio”.  If I remove the USB cable and refresh it goes away but I can’t get it to connect.

I reset the radio to start from fresh.

I went into the “Advance Radio” menu and tested the connection.  I get this: 
rigctld processes running:

www-data 1253 0.0 0.4 14728 3884 ? S 16:33 0:00 rigctld -m 363 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -t 4532 -s 9600 --set-conf stop_bits=1

Error connecting to radio (RPRT -13)(0). Check radio connection and settings. Is the radio powered up? Please try again.

So at this point I am working in the blind.  Can anyone give me any ideas on how to figure out what’s wrong.  I have read the “Advanced Radio” chapter in the Help area but still can’t figure it out.

I’m stuck.  Any ideas?

Harold

Join RigPi@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.